Jambands.ca

World Cup 2010 -DO NOT mention game scores!

badams

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to bbc.co.uk, Theo Walcott has been left off the England roster.

They've trimmed down to 3 keepers, hopefully with Joe Hart being the #1. As an aside, anyone know of a Joe Hart to City transfer? BBC is listing him as the keeper for City, whereas I'm quite certain I was watching Birmingham last year when watching Hart.

4 reps from the Premier title holders, makes me pleased.

Here we go, Here we go, Here we go (Soon)!!!!

:content:

England's 23-man squad for the World Cup finals:

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart (Manchester City), David James (Portsmouth), Robert Green (West Ham).

Defenders: Jamie Carragher (Liverpool), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Ledley King (Tottenham), John Terry (Chelsea), Matthew Upson (West Ham), Stephen Warnock (Aston Villa).

Midfielders: Gareth Barry (Manchester City), Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Joe Cole (Chelsea), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Aaron Lennon (Tottenham), James Milner (Aston Villa), Shaun Wright-Phillips (Manchester City).

Forwards: Peter Crouch (Tottenham), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham), Emile Heskey (Aston Villa), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United).

My only problem with the club is the naming of Drug-Cheat Ferdinand as captain.

The player I would've liked to have made the club who didn't would be Gabby Agbonlahor, but he's still got a lot of years left. Hell, he might still be on the Under-21 squad. He's just a striker that impresses me time and time again.

Hard to hate this club, IMO, and so nice to be able to cheer for Wayne Rooney, at least for a month.

10 more sleeps (if you go to sleep every night).

11 more sleeps till England v USA

Hmmm, according to Harry Redknapp, Joe Cole is set to leave Chelsea following the World Cup. Not likely to Spurs, though Harry would love to get him back having worked with him at West Ham, but probably to City, who have been talking about JC since the Jan transfer window.

Bastards! JC, Terry, and Lampard are the cornerstones of my club, IMO, and I'm not looking to lose any of em.

Still, if the rumoured 40million pounds transfer fee is true, well, then maybe one of Aguerro or di Maria can come do some striking.

9 more sleeps, 10 till England.

New York Times correction, 2010/05/10

Because of an editing error, the On Soccer column on Thursday, about England’s mixed view of the game in the United States, referred incorrectly in some copies to John Harkes, one of the first Americans to play professional soccer in England, and to one of the teams for which he played. He arrived in England in 1990 to play for Sheffield Wednesday; he did not arrive “in England to play at Sheffield on Wednesday.â€

New York Times correction, 2010/05/10

Because of an editing error, the On Soccer column on Thursday, about England’s mixed view of the game in the United States, referred incorrectly in some copies to John Harkes, one of the first Americans to play professional soccer in England, and to one of the teams for which he played. He arrived in England in 1990 to play for Sheffield Wednesday; he did not arrive “in England to play at Sheffield on Wednesday.â€

Hahaha!!!!! That's awesome.

Avram Grant hired on at West Ham. Dunno if that's really a step up from Pompey.

Oh, and Rafa? Everyone saw it coming, yet few expected it.

And now, away from talking of the EPL and which gaffer's going where, and back to the World Cup.

England has released its squad numbers. While numbers do not guarantee starting positions, it's usually a good barometer barring injuries.

1. David James

2. Glen Johnson

3. Ashley Cole

4. Steven Gerard

5. Drug Cheat

6. John Terry

7. Aaron Lennon

8. SuperFrank

9. Peter Crouch

10. Wayne Rooney

11. Joe Cole

12. Robert Green

13. Steven Warnock

14. Gareth Barry

15. Matthew Upson

16. James Milner

17. Shaun Wright-Phillips

18. Jamie Carragher

19. Jermaine Defoe

20. Ledley King

21. Emile Heskey

22. Michael Carrick

23. Joe Hart

Couple wee questions here and there, but all in all no problems, except for the fact that this list makes me think that Calamity James is #1!!!???

If so, clearly England has learned nothing at all about football, and will fall out early yet again. DJ's all right, and gives his all, but let's face it, if yer a keeper and yer nicknames Calamity James, thas pretty telling innit?