Jambands.ca

World Cup 2010 -DO NOT mention game scores!

badams

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds about right, getting quite used to crap refereeing at all levels.

If you haven't read it, and hate what seems to be obvious refereeing cheating over the last 8-10 years, check out Declan Hill's brilliant "The Fix". You'll never watch the game the same way again.

I have been infuriated with officiating for..ever...

Last nights basketball game was a fuckin'joke. "Oh, I missed that call. I'll just walk on over to the monitor and make another bad call. Nah, I'll just try and call it equal instead of right. If I miss a call at one end I'll just miss the call on the other end and viola, 1+1=0." Assholes!

Brazil vs. Turkey, Brazil vs. Germany, the list continues...

Edited by Guest
Brazil shouldn't have even made it into the finals last time. Assholes!

Who's gonna sit on the Chelsea bench next year?

bbc.co.uk reporting that Ballack and Cole have been released as free transfers, and Belletti will be gone when contract expires at end of June. Plus, Deco heading back to Brazil after the world cup.

Don't particularly need any of the 4, but man, I'm gonna miss the one Joe Cole.

2 more sleeps, 3 till England.

The Toronto Star has a good World Cup preview section today, with some description of each club.Denmark particularly amused me with their "Player to watch" listed thusly:

"Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner plays like someone on muscle relaxants. He's just as likely to crash into a goalpost and knock himself unconscious as he is to score a hat trick. Denmark would prefer more of the latter. The rest of us? The former, if it's not too much bother."

1 more sleep, 2 till England.

:content:

"Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner plays like someone on muscle relaxants. He's just as likely to crash into a goalpost and knock himself unconscious as he is to score a hat trick. Denmark would prefer more of the latter. The rest of us? The former, if it's not too much bother."

Thanks for the morning snicker. Can't wait until Saturday.

Come on down . . .

CBC Toronto, we know you’re crazy about soccer and proud to be a part of broadcasting 2010 FIFA World Cup .

In celebration of the 2010 FIFA World Cup opening ceremonies, CBC will be at Toronto's Metro Hall Square (55 John Street) on Friday, June 11, from 5:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., with CBC Soccer Nation-a mobile soccer festival including a live remote of CBC Radio One 99.1's Metro Morning with Matt Galloway.

Throughout the day you’ll have the chance to test your soccer skills with interactive soccer games, practice calling a World Cup play from the CBC Sports Broadcaster desk, watch the FIFA World Cup opening games from our big screen and score some great prizes.

Also, from June 11 through to July 11, visit the Atrium to watch live FIFA games and the Front Street Set to see live Sports hits, along with an hour-long post game show every day beginning at 4:30 p.m.

For more information on Soccer Nation in Toronto, please click here: cbc.ca/toronto/community

Edited by Guest

I don't want to see that but I am rooting for Argentina. I have some Argentinian friends so I am supporting them for sure, not to mention I want to see Messi dominate in this tourney and establish himself as the best in the world.

On a side note, I was out kicking the ball around with some friends last week. My buddy shows up with a blonde wig on so I dubbed him Maramadonna. haha.

I'd like to see England do well too, you know, support the ancestory and what not, I don't think they have much of a chance though.