Jambands.ca

Go Reds Go!!!

guigsy

it's safe now, Ollie.

15 years of futility gone with a bottom 9 Jay Bruce BLAST!!!

i might watch this clip 30 times today. edit: damn, not that one - this one.

i dont even know what to say.. i havent stopped smiling since the ball left his bat. i said to crystal during the commercial break that he was gonna hit the first pitch out, and sure as shit... !!!

i remember being at skydome in '89 when tom henke struck out whoever the fuck on the orioles to clinch the divison and how that place exploded, i can just imagine the atmosphere last night in that yard.. the mlb feeds cut off all post-game stuff (makes no sense, i know), but the highlight clips this morning look like it was a good party.

fuck, i cant wait for the play-offs... god damn it feels so good to even say that!!

Edited by Guest

actually, you should know better than anyone that doesnt mean shit come the post-season... right, mr. 8th seed?

and we've played the likely play-off teams tough all season (phils, braves, giants).. 4 1-run games with the phillies, see-saw battles with the braves and giants... how many of those games have you seen? i'll take any of them in october, espcecially since we werent even supposed to sniff this.

bring it.

:chug:

I'm not really a Reds fan but I would like to see them do well since Votto is a good Canadian kid.

However their record against the better teams isn't the greatest...

2 - 5 vs Phil

3 - 4 vs SF

2 - 4 vs SD

2 - 3 vs Atl

However as the Habs showed earlier this year the playoffs are a whole other beast.

My prediction is the Phillies go to the World Series...

me too, sloth. that'd be a helluva series, i think.

if it ended now we'd draw the phillies, and call me crazy, but that doesnt bother me. we've fixed the oswalt curse this season, beaten halladay, and had a rookie pitcher take a perfect game into the 9th against them. we lost a series of heartbreakers against them at end of the 1st half, but they were all great games - and hey, if you're gonna be the best, ya gotta beat the best. get after 'em.

i kinda fear going out west more than either of the east teams, just because of our past history out there - we're a traditionally bad team in california, all the way back to the '70s. but we can hang with any of these teams, i've been witness to that. its all new to them, though, lets see how they respond.. who's gonna crack and who's gonna step up? i'm really interested to see how our young pitchers handle themselves, i think our bats will be swingin'. i got my eye on cueto in game 2 - pivotal spot for him in a short series.

texas would be a good story, too, with the ron washington cocaine-positive test, and a possible volquez vs. hamilton match-up... it would also be nice to see one final bobby cox run, if it aint us... but damn.. Halladay-Hamels-Oswalt is about as daunting as it gets.

i actually think the AL is a crapshoot at this point - they're all good teams capable of beating the snot out of each other on any given night.. i think the biggest surprise will be if anybody beats the phillies.