Jambands.ca

Go Reds Go!!!

guigsy

the good news is he can throw a perfect game next time out, and we can still take this thing. ;)

i love halladay, too, so that was a tough game to watch... dying on one hand, but having those butterfly feelings of watching history go down in a good way for one of the good ones.. makes a great story, sucks it had to be us.

he was pretty incredible, tonight, though.. ball moving everywhere, obviously outsmarting our hitters in just about every at-bat.. the one thing i wish someone in the broadcast woulda piped up about, though, was that most of his so-called "first pitch strikes" that were making him so dominant were ball widths off the plate - not even borderline, but calls that pitchers of his stature will get. the announcers made a big deal out of his rbi single as well, but to me that inning was lost on the at-bats sandwhiching him - the botched groundball up the middle that cabrera shoulda just taken to first to end the inning, and then the walk to rollins - volquez just got squeezed. the pitch tracks indicators had his pitches a lot closer than roy's, and he got none of those calls - difference between being a vet at home and a youngster on the road.

at least we got halladay out of the way for a couple games. we need to pounce on oswalt early on friday to get into their pen, and bronson needs to go deep to keep us in the game. worry about beating everyone but halladay, and we'll be ok, hahah.

fuck, great game as a baseball fan, though. terrible as a reds fan. but i cant even say i got to see a no-hitter first pitch to last pitch... i missed the top of the 1st stuck in rush hour, nearly having a coronary. i waited half my life to see another Reds playoff game, i work mostly part time, and THIS is the day i get stuck in traffic??? i knew something was up...

Great game but man can those broadcasters kill the vibe quickly with their post game interviews.

The guy who spoke to Roy on Sportnets feed was facking brutal- and then when the interview was finished you could see no less than 6 other camera teams waiting to pounce on him.

From the mound to the reporter huddle in less than 1 minute. He wasn't even allowed the time for a proper tip of the hat to the fans......

fuckley. wasnt hit, was out at second, and missed 3rd on the run home. fucking christ, is anyone paying attention? dusty didnt argue the hit batsmen or appeal the play at 3rd.

what, 5 unearned runs? walks, errors, hit batters, buckners, nubbers. unbelievable. we needed this split, but now we're deep in the shit.

never woulda thought we'd lose 2 games by getting no-hit in one and committing 4 errors in the other. what next?

:bonghit:

no doubt in my mind that he's been trimming up all year just for this moment... a liner down the LEFT field line... gomes trips on a shoelace and goes eye-first into a sprinkler. it wont matter that the ball lands 2 feet foul, of course it'll be a good hit. then we'll balk him in and lose 1-0. an orgy will break out in the mlb offices with Bud and all the network tv sluts. see you next year.

• 2 weeks later...