NHL 2010

Northern Wish

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Low Roller

Thank you Islanders for beating the Rangers.

Fuck you Islanders for being a bunch of pricks with Nabokov.

BREAKING: The Islanders did not send an official permission to let Nabokov play for the National team. Nabokov won't play for Russia today.

Total kicking motion. The ref was on the opposite side with the goalie blocking his view of Hossa, so the ref probably didn't see the kick. No excuse for the replay though :P

All goalies should use black gloves as it will always make these call "inconclusive". They way the league could get around it and get those calls right is having a camera UNDER the goal, make sort of plexiglass "floor" under the goal ;) Logistically not really feasible, but you never know.

They way the league could get around it and get those calls right is having a camera UNDER the goal' date=' make sort of plexiglass "floor" under the goal ;) Logistically not really feasible, but you never know.[/quote']

+ they'd get some pretty sweet upskirts when the Sens visit the Leaves

:chug:

What? The Sens are doing ANOTHER uniform change for next year?? Dresses?? Kilts? :D

:chug:

Guest Low Roller

Four game suspension for this hit:

To me it seems like Eberle was ducking down to get the puck. If he wasn't so low then probably Torres would have hit him with a legal bodycheck. Thoughts?

Elbow glued to his side, no strides into the hit, no big follow-through, no leaving the ice, but a 4 game suspension?

This is going to be the new "foot in the crease" for this year's playoffs. There will be people screaming for suspensions in just about every game.

Guess you just have to be "unsuspecting" all the time on the ice and when you're hit you're never at fault.

I heard someone say this the other day: "If a defenceman flips the puck up over the boards in his own end its a penalty. No questions asked. They have to treat head shots the same way."

Personally, I agree with the sentiment. If they really want to get rid of it they have to be really hard on it, no matter how accidental. 4 minutes for high sticks that draw blood, doesn't matter if the guy throws his face into the blade (well, maybe it would in that case, haha).

Exactly. I can see the appeal in wanting to approach each incident in its own way, but they've got to go zero tolerence if they want results. I don't think they really want results though.

I think that a lot of people are afraid that if you put really harsh sanctions on head shots it would lead to the "feminization" of hockey. I'm not so sure it would. There might be a large learning curve, but the players would adapt. Hockey can change and still be good. For example, I watch games from the 90's on ESPN C all the time. They would tackle each other in front of the net. Doesn't happen anymore. Does anyone really miss it? You know Adam Graves took a two handed swing at Mario Lemiuex and broke his wrist in a game? No one said shit! Compared to that era, today's hockey IS figure skating. And I think we all agree the product is still pretty darn good.

Awesome stuff down in Jersey today!

From the Devils fan message boards:

"Hi guys,

We will see each other at the game, I am among the ±2000 fans who will make the trip down to Newark for the game on April 10th.

First of all, let me ensure you that our main goal is simply to let Bettman know once more that we are crazy about hockey, and that if close to 2000 fans can drive 600 miles to watch one impact-less game, imagine how quick we could fill our brand new arena and purchase lots of NHL goods. Our mayor officially announced the construction of a 400M arena that will open in 2015 and a well know Canadian businessman Pierre-Karl Peladeau, owner of a multibillion multinational telecom company, did not hide his excitement to become a NHL team owner. His intentions are crystal clear.

You also need to know that as we did in Long Island, we will cheer for the home team and we will take every opportunity to make noise. It is a party after all right? You certainly know already but a few Quebecers play for your team. We will be cheering for them and for every other Devils. It is sad that your team will not do the playoffs this year, but in another way, that is better for us because as one of you mentioned, we will not take away tickets that would be sold to Devils fans...

On the other hand, you would not see that here... Imagine how simple it was for "Le Reve Sportif" to purchase 2000 tickets for a single game only 2 months prior to the game. That is abnormal. In Montreal or Toronto, or in every other hockey markets in Canada, you cannot get ticket that easily because there is an actual demand for them. It seems more and more obvious for us that a team must come back to us after a little break. We have more citizens, our economy is better, the USD and Canadian dollar are even, and there is a real government/city/citizen belief in this project.

Finally, I need to say that when you see people wearing the Nordiques shirt, it does not mean it is the Nordiques Nation although we encourage everyone to wear that beautiful fleurdelisé shirt. We only had 3 official trips since the foundation a few months ago: Long Island, Montreal, and now Newark.

We are peaceful but loud people. We just want to have a good time and again, show everybody at the NHL offices that we can be the best crowd.

Vincent, former and future Nordiques fan "

TugU1.jpg

kbJqM.jpg