Jambands.ca

World Series 2010

Schwa.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you guys even be paying attention to the World Series (Yawwwwwwwwwwn) when the Habs are in first place in the East ;)

Shouldn't you be busy erasing ugg boots and world of warcraft spam from the site instead of oogling Subban's tush? :surprise:

What the hell is an ugg boot?

really hopin' the rangers can get back into this at home and make a series out of it. i think the bay area air had a lot to do with the rangers starters losing the feel for their breaking pitches and having to (predictably) rely on the fastball - which'll get ya killed, even by the giants, apparently. its a coastal time of year thing, i think - the same thing happens to the teams from the east that train out west in the spring - all spring you hear about how their breaking pitches wont really develop until they get back east and can get the feel back. seems strange, but in a game of fractions of inches...

either way - the big thing is the rangers bats have to show up, and they need to throw Lee in games 4 & 7, regardless of the outcome of game 3. and Feliz should be good to go every game from here on out - you dont save your best arms at this time of year.

i still like the rangers in this series, but i dunno if they can run off 4 straight... this has the makings of an epic series if they can push it to 7 from this point.

agree'd.

except SF is gonna win t he seventh game...

good to hear from you again there guigs, I thought you gave out on us when the reds went down.

I like your reasoning on the pitching, but what does that say about a game six or seven back in the Bay? It just isn't a home run building, and the rangers seem to need home runs to win. And wouldn't that suppose that the SF pitchers should have an easier go, when they're already dialed in?

I type all this knowing that Romo is gonna get rocked in his outing but he's shaky from go anyways.

the rangers CAN win with the long ball (ahem... nice shot, mr. moreland) - but the beauty of their team is that they're built around a speed/small ball type game - they're lucky to have some serious mashers in the middle of the line-up to balance it out, but generally, they're a 1st to 3rd, high avg., high obp team with speed - probably the most "national league" of any american league team.

if my guess is anywhere near close on what might have been wrong with those starters, than im not sure what they're gonna have to do to fix it in games 6 and 7, except for Lee's part, he has to be Cliff Lee. even without his breaking pitches the other night, he wasnt commanding his fastball or cutter at all. they were drifty and ill-placed. if he can correct that, he should still be able to deal with this giants line-up. these runs really have come outta nowhere, its not their game at all..

and nah, i didnt give out - i've been watching every inning i can, hahah... i dont mind that my team went down in the first round, i just hate that they didnt go down playing anywhere near how they played all season. strange 3 games to watch.. but its exciting for next year, considering the team we'll be bringing back.