Jambands.ca

Fort Myers / Miami Suggestions?

Northern Wish

Last time we were in Miami, we were there for Phish NYE. We mainly had dinners around Biscayne Bay area and hung by the pool and drank lots.

Lots of good eats, but I think to really experience Miami, you have to hang on South Beach. We made it to Miami Beach one of the days and ended up doing an amphibious tour (like Boston's Duck Tours) of the city- Good view of crazy mansions from the water. Pretty decent way to see a bunch of the city and learn some history and architectural points etc...We also went to a bar called Wet Willies where I believe I had a beverage called "Call a Cab". Pretty fun! We also checked out a crab shack on south beach where I had my only disappointing meal of the trip.

If you do stay around Biscayne, The Epic hotel lives up to it's name. Tons of killer restaurants all around the area.

Fort Meyers- I know the airport well. They also have a Total Wine which is an amazing spot to get stocked on all your booze for the rest of eternity. Crazy microbrews, booze, wine etc.

That's about it for Fort Meyers. My wife like's to shop when we pass through, although that is true of just about anywhere.

I suggest going into South Beach. Its full of colorful characters and cool sites. Food wise go to Joe's Stone Crab, name says it all. Its amazing! Jerry's Deli is classic, I saw Jackie Mason and Jason Alexander there once. Walk around to the different old redone hotels. Most are amazing inside. I like the Avalon and Clevelander. Bal Harbor has great high end shops and food, huge houses etc. Walk on Collins, there's a great mall. Florida to me is beach, pool, shopping and eating. I'll be there in April, just booked!

• 2 weeks later...