Jambands.ca

White Stripes announce split

deranger

to all of you who clearly have no sense of musical time yourselves (i.e. those who love meg's drumming), don't take it out on those of us who do, you are welcome to your wrong opinion

your paintbrush is very wide there. I'm looking forward to the new Metronome album, powered by the atomic clock, brought to you by cesium. Out soon on No Soul records.

Is this really ending on a high note when most people thought they had already broke up?

Well, their Under The Great White Northern Lights doc is newish and both the companion live album/DVD came out last year, so it's a high enough note to end on, especially for Canuck fans.

Rather than continually trying to push Jaimoe over the edge I should add that I really dig the White Stripes but understand other's trepidation because I felt the same way at first. My big beef was the lack of bass which made their music sound empty to me but eventually the 'rawness' came through. Their residency on Conan is legendary in my eyes.

If you cant back the anthem that is Seven Nation Army, which is one of the greatest songs of the 2000's in my opinion, then this band is not for you. Or was I suppose.

Hey Andre, nice description. Dig deeper into your current Muddy Waters fixation and we'll discuss further when I get to Ottawa in a few months. Raw electric blues has never been done better than by Mr. Morganfield, with all due respect to the Wolf, R.L., Junior Kimbrough and John Lee Hooker. Certainly Jack understands all of this and pulls it off better than any of his contemporaries.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Andre, nice description. Dig deeper into your current Muddy Waters fixation and we'll discuss further when I get to Ottawa in a few months. Raw electric blues has never been done better than by Mr. Morganfield, with all due respect to the Wolf, R.L., Junior Kimbrough and John Lee Hooker. Certainly Jack understands all of this and pulls it off better than any of his contemporaries.

Just like to add to Jaimoe's comment, if your digging deeper into Muddy, do your self a favour and listen to some Son House & Charlie Patton, both were big influences on Muddy. I would also recommend listening to some Robert Lee McCollum (aka: Robert Nighthawk) if your a fan of the raw electric blues sound.

I personally put the Nighthawk right up there with Muddy.

oypAbJj-fEs

off topic I know, but damn..

Hey Andre' date=' nice description. Dig deeper into your current Muddy Waters fixation and we'll discuss further when I get to Ottawa in a few months. Raw electric blues has never been done better than by Mr. Morganfield, with all due respect to the Wolf, R.L., Junior Kimbrough and John Lee Hooker. Certainly Jack understands all of this and pulls it off better than any of his contemporaries. [/quote']

Just like to add to Jaimoe's comment, if your digging deeper into Muddy, do your self a favour and listen to some Son House & Charlie Patton, both were big influences on Muddy. I would also recommend listening to some Robert Lee McCollum (aka: Robert Nighthawk) if your a fan of the raw electric blues sound.

I personally put the Nighthawk right up there with Muddy.

oypAbJj-fEs

off topic I know, but damn..

Somewhere Booche has a copy of Robert Nighthawk's Live On Maxwell Street. I gave him a copy some 10-15 years ago. Nighthawk scares the bejesus out of me, in a good way.

I'm glad you brought up those bluesmen. White loves Son House. Son House and Charlie Patton kick ass. Although he wasn't an electric Delta player, Tommy Johnson was amazing acoustic Mississippi Delta musician too.