Jambands.ca

Good PIZZA in Downtown Toronto

DevO

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh heh... If I can be all 3, I'm happy...

Thanks for not including "obtuse" as an option1 ;-)

Thought it could be chocolate sauce... Only a matter of time...

Gravy seems like overkill, but I won't knock it until I try it!

I love a little bit of this stuff on there, though... But then again, I put it on almost everything... except dessert!

rooster%20sauce.jpg

I keep hearing about Pizza Libretto on Ossington.

I haven't been, but I was at a conference yesterday where Fergus Henderson (famous chef) was raving about it. It's on my "to do" list.

Proper Italian style 'za. I was in Italy last year and the simplicity of their pizza was brilliant. Quality sauce, quality cheese and real thin crust. While I appreciate many different styles, the o.g. Italian pizza has lots going for it.

I haven't been, but I was at a conference yesterday where Fergus Henderson (famous chef) was raving about it. It's on my "to do" list.

Proper Italian style 'za. I was in Italy last year and the simplicity of their pizza was brilliant. Quality sauce, quality cheese and real thin crust. While I appreciate many different styles, the o.g. Italian pizza has lots going for it.

I have been to their other restaurant..enoteca sociale - so good.

agree that Ottawa pizza blows! (in general...the really doughy crust, plain sauce and boring toppings). i do admit to having a gravy slice on a few occasions late-night and it was definitely yummy at that point :)

i usually make my own thin crust pizza now since i got a pizza stone. and i agree that salami is a great meat choice, that is my fave!

That's just what's it's like at the bakeries here in TO!

Here's another great one, at Scarlet Rd. and Dundas... A little outside the Junction

Messina

Best part about the bakeries is that they usually have all of the sandwich toppings laid out, and will throw some on (like nice hot peppers/sauteed onions/yadda) your slice for you....

Salami + Red Pep ! Molto Bene!

Because of this thread, I had NY Cafe pizza last night: Pepperoni, tomatoes, hot bannana peppers, extra sauce, well-done. Their crust is medium thick, which is more in-lines with Mamma Mia in Kingston and you never have to order extra cheese. The pepperoni has a nice zing to it too.

Yep, it's the tits. Big win. The pizzas are cooked in 90 seconds in a 900 degree wood fired oven. Forgot about this place...

I haven't been' date=' but I was at a conference yesterday where Fergus Henderson (famous chef) was raving about it. It's on my "to do" list.

Proper Italian style 'za. I was in Italy last year and the simplicity of their pizza was brilliant. Quality sauce, quality cheese and real thin crust. While I appreciate many different styles, the o.g. Italian pizza has lots going for it.[/quote']

Yep, it's the tits. Big win. The pizzas are cooked in 90 seconds in a 900 degree wood fired oven. Forgot about this place...

mind officially blown!!!

For the record, this is what a chicago style deep dish pizza looks like:

1471256408_781147d1bb.jpg

I've not had a ton of pizza in Ottawa, but I can tell you I've NEVER had anything that remotely resembles a pie like this.

Google images reveals this at pizza from Ottawa - bruuuutal:

Ottawa-Colonnade-Pizza-011.jpg

But also this from that place that BradM suggested, Tennessy Williams. Looks like a real fucking tasty pie...

img_0880

How come nobody has busted out a deep dish pizza cone yet?

For the record' date=' this is what a chicago style deep dish pizza looks like:

[img']http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1254/1471256408_781147d1bb.jpg

I've not had a ton of pizza in Ottawa, but I can tell you I've NEVER had anything that remotely resembles a pie like this.

Google images reveals this at pizza from Ottawa - bruuuutal:

Ottawa-Colonnade-Pizza-011.jpg

But also this from that place that BradM suggested, Tennessy Williams. Looks like a real fucking tasty pie...

img_0880

How come nobody has busted out a deep dish pizza cone yet?

Pizza Cones are rank. I REAAAAAALLY wanted to like it, but naaaaaooooooppe. It blew.

Damn, I haven't been back to the Foodies Forum in a while - think this might be the busiest thread I've ever started on jambands! I was looking forward to checking out some of your suggestions... But now that Pizza Gigi is back, I'm all set. ;)

• 5 months later...