Jambands.ca

MMJ New Single Released (Link)

Freeker

This is a groovy new instrumental track from MMJ. I could handle a whole bunch o' this! Reminiscent of Blues For Allah'ish GD:

http://bit.ly/gQdNea

folderyv.jpg

My Morning Jacket – Octoplasm

“My Morning Jacket would like to welcome all those who join the new MMJ Roll Call fan club into their much talked about and highly controversial “Self-Hypnosis Series†as well. The Self-Hypnosis Series will begin an exploration into the core of each individual heart, mind, body, and soul that joins the Roll Call fan club. Based on a desire to help each individual fan reach a state of emotional bliss, a new algorithm was recently developed at Removador HQ. It can sense listeners temperature and emotional climate at the time of listening-thru any listening device, be it speakers or headphones, and cater a listening experience truly unique for each listener. MMJ will carefully handcraft and carve pieces of music that will provide a vehicle for the listener to enter a new gateway of self exploration and understanding based on their current state of mind at the time of each listen. The Self-Hypnosis Series will start with a piece entitled “Octoplasm†which will be available via download immediately upon joining Roll Call. New titles in the Self-Hypnosis series will appear randomly, or on a strict schedule and will be available only to Roll Call members. We hope you are to enjoy!†– http://www.mmjrollcall.com/

mp3@320

Tracklist

01 – Octoplasm

http://bit.ly/gQdNea

• 4 weeks later...

I gotta smoke less crack man..I was thinking of Modest Mouse when I flipped that they were playing Toronto..then I went searching on line for the 'pink' album cover...colour me brainless..I did find a video of MMJ where the dude comes out wearing a cape...cape people...what is with cape people? Majical wizard or dark vampire lord...jesus christ capers!

Trying to decide if selling our tixs is in order...do they rock it live? Are they slow? Are they emotionaly slow? I want a kick you in the ass rock show...not a standing, swaying emotional roller coaster ride. What do these guys deliver?

What do these guys deliver?

Mullets.

I was thinking of Modest Mouse when I flipped that they were playing Toronto..then I went searching on line for the 'pink' album cover...colour me brainless..I did find a video of MMJ where the dude comes out wearing a cape...cape people...what is with cape people? Majical wizard or dark vampire lord...jesus christ capers!

This is beautiful prose.

yeah, sounds like MMJ but also sounds like Mr James and company are still trying new things. I was thinking about the first time I heard Evil Urges. This doesn't seem nearly as removed from earlier stuff as that did but the expanded instrumentation, like using strings, keeps them moving rather than repeating.

They kick fucking ass live. I thought the last Kool Haus show was fantastic. If you want to see a kick ass rock show, go to My Morning Jacket. Amazing value for $.

Edited by Guest

Title track is great.

The rest, ok. I want the reverb-y, let it all out Jim James back.

I like track 4 -'Wonderful'- more too... one of those perfect, lie on your bed, close your eyes and float away songs...

Other than that, i agree with Northern Wish. Don't know how much this album will blow us away live, but i'd still pay money to find out.

I can't put my finger on it but there's something about this album I'm not a huge fan of. I like it but I can't seem to love it.

That being said I really don't like Evil Urges but was shaking my tail feather when they played the album for the NYC 5 night run.

MMJ live is unreal and I can't wait to hear the album played at Bluesfest.

This feels alot like It Still Moves.

Oops- I meant At Dawn.

I've only heard two songs from the new album. I don't like Black Metal at all. But if it's more like At Dawn than It Still Moves, this is good news. It Still Moves is too rambling - it loses focus half way through.

I don't know my exact MMJ biographies so can anyone let me in on the lineup/ lineup changes during the last few years/ albums.

I read a post that indicated there has been alot of lineup changes and that may be the reason for the last three albums being all over the place when compared with each other.