Jambands.ca

Good Bye The Jimmy Swift Band RIP

Jay Funk Dawg

It is with great sadness that I write this message - but I need to inform you all of the demise of JSB... After ten years of playing and recording together the decision has been made that the band has run its' course. I can't thank you all enough for your support these past ten years. We were able to accomplish things that few independent bands have. We have made friends coast to coast and beyond - some friendships that will last a lifetime. We are truly blessed to be a part of an amazing community of live music lovers these past ten years. May the music live on in your hearts and your memories - you have been the best fans a band could ask for - and kept us doing what we did for so many years...

In celebration of our moving forward we will be announcing discounted pricing on our entire catalogue via bandcamp in the coming days. Thank you my friends for your continued support...

- Craig Mercer

Edited by Guest

Bummer. Can't say that it was a surprise, given how quiet they've been over the last couple of years, but it's too bad to hear that they've made it official.

They provided the soundtrack for a ton of great nights for me and my amigos in the early 2000s on the East Coast, and a few sporadic shows in various other parts of the country since then. I think I'll throw on Rebirth of Hooch for the soundtrack to my evening run tonight.

Thanks for the good times, fellers.

We tried making it "official" before, so have many other bands over the years...I can understand why a band might decide to choose to do this. One reason being to allow themselves to close one book and begin to write another one.

However, after having tried this, and reflected upon it. I feel that if you are in a band, and not doing much, and you all still get along, then just let it rest and play when you can. Cause, chances are, if you are all still friends that you will want to get together and play in the future...

...unless you are trying to milk the reunion show, which I am sure we have done as well. Okay, I am rambling.

I guess, in a round about way what I am trying to say is, good luck to the JSB boys, we have known then for a long time, played our first Halifax show with PF Station.

Additionally, I would like to say that BNB is officially going to keep on keeping on until they officially outlaw rock n' roll music, or our society gets to the place where everyone is wearing the matching silver jumpsuits with the big V around the neck..cause obviously at that point we will be much to busy visiting other planets as a team...

In related news, I have a new record coming out in June...

Peace out JSB, and thanks for the great times, memories.

m

Cause, chances are, if you are all still friends that you will want to get together and play in the future...

Apparently one of the original band members had some pent up frustrations and quit.

...unless you are trying to milk the reunion show

I don't think they'll be any reunion show or final show... They aren't all on talking terms.

Cause, chances are, if you are all still friends that you will want to get together and play in the future...

Apparently one of the original band members had some pent up frustrations and quit.

...unless you are trying to milk the reunion show

I don't think they'll be any reunion show or final show... They aren't all on talking terms.

Since there were only two "original" members in the band, and one of them wrote the message, I'm guessing there was a disgruntled bass player involved?

Wishing these guys all the best as they head off in separate directions.

I remember two great JSB shows at Come Together Music Festivals. One was at Ghost Town, May 2002 (I think) as part of the "East Coast Invasion." The other was at a Come Together Fest at Izzy's where it was raining so hard that the band turned around and played for all of us standing and dancing behind the stage so that we could stay out of the rain. Good times!

Peace, Mark

Wishing these guys all the best as they head off in separate directions.

I remember two great JSB shows at Come Together Music Festivals. One was at Ghost Town, May 2002 (I think) as part of the "East Coast Invasion."

It's not streamable, but

http://www.archive.org/details/jsb2002-05-19.sbd.shnf

might be the show you're thinking of. Wasn't that the freeze-fest? With that kiler GTB set

http://www.archive.org/details/gtb2002-05-19.sbd.shnf

Aloha,

Brad

http://www.aaroncollier.ca/AARONCOLLIER/HOME/Entries/2011/5/13_Goodbye%2C_JSB.html#

Goodbye, JSB

After nearly 10 years of playing with Craig Mercer and Mike MacDougall along with numerous other excellent musicians, The Jimmy Swift Band has run its’ course and we’ve decided to pull the plug.

It’s not an easy decision to make, and there’s so many factors that play into it. There’s been a world of accomplishments to be proud of including thousands of tourdates in Canada, the US, China and beyond, 6 recordings and a live DVD... Unanimously I think the more cherished of all are the friendships we’ve gained along the way. JSB has enjoyed a vibrant and beautiful fan base that has truly supported us all along the way. JSB was an independent band, and most of the money we used to tour, buy instruments, rent studios, pay rent or eat supper game as a result of fans buying tickets to shows and buying our albums when they got there. Thank-you doesn’t even begin to cut it, but Thank-You.

Onwards and upwards - may this pocket of the world be ever blessed with the love of music.

• 2 weeks later...

i'm surprised and not surprised that there's no mention anywhere except the Facebook page of Craig Mercer and The JSB page that they've made this announcement. I'm getting a feeling it was anacrimonious ending.

Find out the whole story this Friday at El Mocambo!

more here: www.nufunk.ca in the event section....

:)

Edited by Guest