Jambands.ca

So who's in for Robert Randolph tonight?

CyberHippie

I can't go. I got class till 10 and then I meet a partner to work at 11 till god knows when. Oh boy, I want to go. I saw Robert Randolph 8.16.01 (Lakeshore Park, Geneva, NY) and it still ranks on the top five shows I have ever been to. There were 50 or so people there, and maybe 10 weren't locals who jump came down to see what the brew-ha-ha was about. Randolph kicked my ass that night.

quote:

Originally posted by Kanada Kev:

RR never lets you down.

Agreed.

Welcome to jambands Kanada Kev. [Cool]

I am thinking on it,have to see what time I got my treatments are at first,I need a couple hours to recoupe after em,don't wanta head out there all sick like.

where is this show? and when? people always post shows on here and they never think to put the info for the show, because someone like me who doesn;t know who robert randolph is might want to go to the show but whould have no idea where to go or when to go there,, there really isn;t a point to posting stuff like that unless you are going to put all the info

Originally posted by shainhouse:

I can't go. I got class till 10 and then I meet a partner to work at 11 till god knows when. Oh boy, I want to go.

I can't go either, because... I'm not in North America. But I sure want to.

Oh wait, sorry... I thought this was the "who's not going to Robert Randolph tonight?" thread. [Roll Eyes]

What a show!!! Again, big bruises on the back end from multiple ass-kickings last night.

I was hyped to see Croz's kid on keys? How about him on the fiddle???? SWEET!

We were treated to one hell of a show last night. Chicks dancing on stage, a couple of fantastic vocal contributions by fans who got the microphone, sick jams (i loved the encore when they were forced to stretch it out while trying to get the pedal steel working again).

Let's all hope that Randolph makes Toronto a regular stop on his tours. He genuinely seems to enjoy himself here.

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8) [Eek!]

Smokin' show last night! Just to clarify things though, Jason Crosby is not related to David Crosby. Turns out, it was quite a surprise to me to see Jason on keys/fiddle last night since he had come up with Oteil when I brought Oteil & The Peacemakers last year. He also tours regularly with Susan Tedeschi, and was on the summer support ABB slot in Toronto and Ottawa. After the show, we ended up chatting for a while and I asked him if he could set the record straight for me - was there any relation? He said no, though he does have an uncle named David, but also no relation to that CSNY guy [Wink]

Well, a couple of the guys I was there with "sort of" taped it. We had a mic stand sitting on a cabinet right beside the sound board but there were a couple of glitches: Someone knocked the minidisk recorder to the floor at one point and it was probably a couple of minutes before it got connected again; and no one brought any extra minidisks so after the 74 minutes, that was it. I'll see if I can get my hands on what comes of it. I was very surprised to see no one taping.

What a fantastic show. They have outstanding stage presense and boy do they make you want to party. That was awesome!

Hey Willy, you too...as always. Hey, if you go to the Joey D show, which night you thinking of?

I picked up The Word while seeing Robert Randolph at the Ottawa Bluesfest - also, definitely a must-own disc. Have yet to get Unclassified, but my roommate found it used the other day at Sonic Boom for $11 - not a bad price, though I can't imagine anyone giving it up.

After the show ended, I was talking with one of the Toronto Jazzfest organizers (which was when we ended up in the green room with Jason), and I suggested a Jazzfest slot for RR. Don't really hear jazz in their music though, so I guess it's a long shot.

Archived