Jambands.ca

Phish - Baker's Dozen night #1

Freak By Night

My trip was short.

I left Ottawa early Friday morning and made it to the hotel in Jersey City by 4:20 pm a quick shower then I was on my way by the PATH train to the 33rd street station, right near Madison Square Garden. Met some peeps at a nearby pub, then it was off to the show at MSG.

Phish killed it! What a great show with many musical peaks. I finally had a good seat for a show at MSG and I really enjoyed it. Musical highlights for me were "Halfway to the Moon", "Slave", "Suzy Greenberg" and "Tweezer". No reprise though! Maybe that will come later during this residency in New York. They also nailed a cover of Bowie's "Moonage Daydream" and the encore of Zep's "Good Times Bad Times".

In all, I thought the concert was excellent. I met some really good people at the show. New York is a lot of fun.

Afterwards it was a walk up to Times Square to catch moe. in a sold out late performance. As you've probably heard, Rob will be undergoing cancer treatment and they had to cut the summer tour short. This was one of the few dates they kept. The outpouring of love and support for Rob was great. There were several huge cards to sign at the merch table. The show was a lot of fun, I was dancing at the front to start but fatigue overcame me after a short while, I moved to the back where there were plenty of free seats in this very nice theater. I remained there for the rest of the show, which finally ended at about 3:30. The band got into some serious weird jams but finished with a stellar Rebubula and a touching cover of "Halleluja". It was a long day and I was very tired when I got back to the hotel just before 5 am, but I'm glad I caught moe. before their forthcoming hiatus.

I'm seriously thinking of returning for the final weekend of these baker's dozen shows, the first weekend in August. Gotta scrape up some $$ for tix and accommodations.

On 2017-07-23 at 5:53 PM, Freak By Night said:

My trip was short.

I left Ottawa early Friday morning and made it to the hotel in Jersey City by 4:20 pm a quick shower then I was on my way by the PATH train to the 33rd street station, right near Madison Square Garden. Met some peeps at a nearby pub, then it was off to the show at MSG.

Phish killed it! What a great show with many musical peaks. I finally had a good seat for a show at MSG and I really enjoyed it. Musical highlights for me were "Halfway to the Moon", "Slave", "Suzy Greenberg" and "Tweezer". No reprise though! Maybe that will come later during this residency in New York. They also nailed a cover of Bowie's "Moonage Daydream" and the encore of Zep's "Good Times Bad Times".

In all, I thought the concert was excellent. I met some really good people at the show. New York is a lot of fun.

Afterwards it was a walk up to Times Square to catch moe. in a sold out late performance. As you've probably heard, Rob will be undergoing cancer treatment and they had to cut the summer tour short. This was one of the few dates they kept. The outpouring of love and support for Rob was great. There were several huge cards to sign at the merch table. The show was a lot of fun, I was dancing at the front to start but fatigue overcame me after a short while, I moved to the back where there were plenty of free seats in this very nice theater. I remained there for the rest of the show, which finally ended at about 3:30. The band got into some serious weird jams but finished with a stellar Rebubula and a touching cover of "Halleluja". It was a long day and I was very tired when I got back to the hotel just before 5 am, but I'm glad I caught moe. before their forthcoming hiatus.

I'm seriously thinking of returning for the final weekend of these baker's dozen shows, the first weekend in August. Gotta scrape up some $$ for tix and accommodations.

Good work.

Nice to hear about your experiences. Keep them coming. Great to see the boys looking healthy happy and inspired. Hard to take Mike's lipstick seriously, though I suppose it's best to leave the serious business to the jams. 

Great to hear you were able to catch what I'm sure was a very special and emotional show for moe. FBN. Was saddened to hear of that shocking news and sending out hope and health into the ether.

• 2 weeks later...