Jambands.ca

If winter was a person...

Daniel

... i'd throw a big snowball at its head and say "how do you like that???". then i'd shower it in parking tickets, let it experience the joy of climbing into a freezing cold car, tell it to ease up a bit & then thank it for keeping my beer cold without a refrigerator (although i'd ask it to find that fine line between nicely chilled & exploding frosty beer freeze all over the place).

quote:

Originally posted by PalacePrincess:

... i'd throw a big snowball at its head and say "how do you like that???". then i'd shower it in parking tickets, let it experience the joy of climbing into a freezing cold car, tell it to ease up a bit & then thank it for keeping my beer cold without a refrigerator (although i'd ask it to find that fine line between nicely chilled & exploding frosty beer freeze all over the place).

I think that's the wrong approach: remember, Winter likes it cold. Its purpose is to create cold weather, skin-freezing winds, snow, and ensuring frustration. Throwing a snowball at Winter would be like punishing Bill Gates by making him play Windows Solitaire all day.

No, a better approach would be to throw some heat Winter's way: whip out the hair drier, turn on the UV lamps, fire up the grill, whatever: roast his hoary countenance!

Alternately, you could try to frustrate Winter: stand on your porch, grilling up some steaks, with a cold beer in your hand; set up a patio table with a parasol, start blasting Beach Boys music, and play volleyball in your back yard; steadfastly refuse to shovel your driveway*; starve the rock-salt companies of their misery-driven profit margins; drive a convertible with the top down; quote temperatures in Fahrenheit, so they seem warmer.

With your help, we can mount a serious challenge to Winter's glove-wrapped grip on us; without it, we're relegated to months and months of living in misery, seemingly-forever wishing of sunshine and warmth to come...

Aloha,

Brad

* Which I have done for the last three winters. [big Grin]

Archived