Jambands.ca

Ottawa fire recovery - fund and info * UPDATES*

bouche

Over the weekend, our very good friends known online as The Sloth, Howler and Velvet lived through the tragedy of a housefire. Everything that The Sloth and Howler owned is gone. As everyone must be aware, rebuilding after such an event can be very difficult, but with such a wonderful community that we share, it should prove to be a little easier for them.

I have a paypal account set up to assist those that would like to help and are able to support the cause financially. The following link will allow you to make a donation through paypal. Send whatever you can afford.

As well, this thread can be used as a place for things that are needed to be replaced. Many immediate necessities have swiftly been taken care of.

Keep an eye out here for updates.

Please add to the fire recovery donation fund.

Share this link with anyone you know that can help out.

Please note: Paypal charges for donations. If you want your donation to be a specific amount, you need to add a little extra based on the following fee schedule.

$0.55 + 3.4%

For example a $10 donation gets charged $0.89. Paypal sucks for that, but it's our only viable option at the moment.

*** SPECIAL THANKS TO DONATIONS BY: ***

• Steven Schmelzle
  • Tasha Kravchenko
  • Becky Guil
  • Jay Moonah
  • Alan Dodson
  • Jesse Robertson
  • Bradley McFarlane
  • Sean Krause
  • Peter Krough
  • Jennifer Buehler
  • Dave Ables
  • David Ball
  • Oliver Postlethwaite
  • Jeff Kemp
  • Patrick Brennan
  • Jason Poole
  • Karen Hay

Keep them coming if you can everyone. I'll keep adding to this list.

Right on Shainhouse...............anything is good!

Hey Mike,

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

Linky no worky for me, however, I am at work.

The paypal link is HTTPS: secure link.

Chances are, your secure session on your network has timed out. THat happens here too and I have to stay off of the internet for about 10 minutes to let the secure session reset so I can go to sites like CIBC, Hotmail, and Paypal.

heh, I have to apologize, i am kind of a computer idiot!!! well, not kind of, but anyways, I tried sending $20, but i don't know what the hell is going on... I won't be online til later, but if someone can kind of walk me through this, I would appreciate it... also, this might sound like a wierd donation, but I have two tickets to a habs game on superbowl sunday, it is in the afternoon, not sure if you guys would like them for yourselves or if you might know someone who would like them, or even scalp them, either way they are yours if you are interested...adios..

Tried signing up and sending money and got this message:

This transaction exceeds your remaining sending limit. Please complete your enrollment in the Expanded Use Program. You will then be allowed to send more money.

I'm not exceeding the Paypal limit (750 US), so why am I getting the message?

yeah, you have to either wait for your mail statement OR you should be able to access your credit card statement online if you have it through a bank with online banking.

As well, you could PHONE your CC company in a few days and ask about your recent transactions. YOu want to find a transaction of $1.95 on your bill from Paypal. There will be a 4 digit number in the transaction record.

It's ok if it takes a few days. Don't worry about that.

As far as I know, there is no rush to get money to anybody. Let's just keep fundraising.

Anyone who absolutely cannot use paypal for some reason can send me a check. PM me for a mailing address and I'll deposit it in the fund (and bypass the Paypal fees)

I've been trying for two days straight here and had absolutely no luck. I tried to get verified and it says I have to wait for a statement (which gets sent to my canadian address) to get some security code. What a pissoff.

Any of you ottawa freaks got a National Bank bank account that I could transfer money into for these guys?

Archived