Jambands.ca

PHIX tickets almost sold out!!!

Marky

i've seen some promo for the concert. Some guy was handing out flyers outside the pink floyd experience. I also heard something about it from a buddy of mine so there must be some sort of buzz in the air about it. I just checked out their website. They play some pretty crazy sets. I'm definlty in for some oldschool tunes.

yeah they sound really close to phish. musicwise,, theyre right there,, voices wise,, theyre close.

paisley,, maybe your band nearmoe or warsawbunch could open for one of my bands im booking this summer...

myroster:

swift jimmies band

grand theft bug

swimming jack

let me know bro,, lets get a festy all lined up;)

quote:

Originally posted by Marky:

besides the vocals the jams sound pretty good, i wonder how long these guys have been playing together.

Go to their web site...seems like a good place to start.

Use google type phix and hit enter.

Like the Pink floyd expirence I do believe that its way too much to pay to see a cover band.

quote:

Originally posted by Esau:

Man....I better get my ticket soon.

Just in case anyone wondered about my first post....thats what they call "sarcasm".

quote:

Originally posted by paisley:

ya ya Tooly!!

we can look for a park called "Western Town" and host the "Blow Yer Loads Together Festival"

my manager says he can get Molsons and Prozac as sponsors no prob

How about the "Mutate" festival? Maybe we could get the New Funk Orchestra to re-create the 2001.11.22 Dr. Huxtable show...

Aloha,

Brad

I concede I've seen a number cover bands in my day, enjoyed some of the better ones even

strikes me as a bit much to see one while the band they're covering is still touring and recording new material though... seems disrespectful, egotistical, and morally unethical to charge more than $6 or $7 bucks

if they covered a few Phish tunes, some other band's tunes and did a few of their own I'd be a lot more comfortable with it I guess

Archived