Jambands.ca

BEST VENUE EVER!!!

Weirdness

Just got back from the Neil show at the Fox in Detroit and I must say, this place is an absolute mecca!!! What a fucking incredible venue, the detail in this place is absolutlely stunning. As far as indoors goes, I've never seen anything like it. Yee fuckin' haw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was it the Fox Theater?

That place is awesome.Seen Dylan there in november 1990,two years after its grand re-opening (1988).Bob's playing there again next week too!

Great venue,nice piece of Americana too, being built in the 1920's.I do believe.

Glad you guys had a great time.

aww love the Ho!! had some messy nights there...

but to pick my absolute favourite (indoor) venue, it'd have to be the commodore ballroom in vancouver.

unbelievable. lots of places to sit (just to take breathers, of course), bars set up all over the perimeter, and a MASSIVE hardwood dance floor, supposedly they've rigged it up so it's bouncey or something. i HAVE always felt rather bouncey at the commodore...

if ya ever get the chance to see something here... go go go ... !!

Good show, perfect setting for Greendale which went off without a hitch. Well, I shouldn't say that, Neil told some dude to fuck off who was whisltling during his narrative. Funny shit. The older stuff they played at the end was good too, highlights being Sedan Delivery and a Danger Bird encore. I think the end of the set went something like this:

Hey Hey, My My>Watchtower, Like A Hurricane, Sedan Delivery, Love and Only Love

Encore-Danger Bird, Down By The River

The only major complaint was that the Watchtower was flubbed, Neil starting the second verse first then realizing that he had fucked it up, then going back to the first. Disjointed I think is the word. Good times all around though, glad to have had a chance to catch the Greendale thing before it's over.

quote:

and a MASSIVE hardwood dance floor, supposedly they've rigged it up so it's bouncey or something.

the dance floor was built on old tires at one time I do believe...however, I saw the last show there (Mickey Hart Band) back in the late 90's before they tore it up and replaced it with a not-so-bouncey replica.

I just got back from the Ratdog show out there and it was a blast!

The Commodore definately ROCKS!

The Fox is a great place..........saw Jerry Lewis there with Carrgo and his parents when we were like 11 or 12. Love those huge majestic type theatres with beautiful architecture and HUGE ceilings!!

One of my favourite places to see a show is just down the street at the Majestic Theatre......like the fox but the seats are gutted........which means dancin' room........which makes me happy [big Grin]

yeah the majestic is sweet... i do believe the one time i've been there was with you mr babs! to see JGB... that was good times. and i was too young to drink, i remember having a big "X" on my hand.. and i remember there being big mondo fans b/c it was so hot... middle of summerr.... yeahhhhh summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived