Jambands.ca

this forum sucks

skanktuary

I just wrote a huge thing, previewed it, hit back- OOps, it's gone, hit forward- oooh, can't be refreshed or whatever. Do I need to have a fuking C+++ phd to use this thing? and ya sorry I don't know what UBB code is, but I"m sure it's really useful. Man, it was hard enough making a membership here. I use a lot of forums too, and this one is the least user friendly I've ever seen.

"Fill out the form below to post a message on the forum. HTML is enabled. UBBCode is enabled, so you may use UBBCode in your posts."

Yeah, wow, great news. NERDS!

I just wrote a huge thing, previewed it, hit back- OOps, it's gone, hit forward- oooh, can't be refreshed or whatever.

You didn't need to hit BACK. You just needed to scroll down if you wanted to make corrections. That's pretty user friendly in my books. I've lost topics/messages doing the same thing as you did too.

I'll write it again tomorrow, it was basically a theory on how the jambands style is at a dead end because they depend on other genres as a base. Because of this, they really have no style to call their own. I'll flesh it out more tomorrow, I don't feel like writing all that out again. goodnight!!

no style to call their own.

well thats cause jam bands are just rock n roll. if you look at what made any great rock n roll band, it's the fact that they took short pop/blues song and jammed them out. so led zepplin, the cream, the beatels.......on and on and on are just old school jam bands. yes there just rock band that like to jam out, on some now sounds.

this also applies to jazz bands. all jazz is, is a long well thought out jam.

lots of time to say things, and perhaps a good place to... personally I like most of the bands I see and the things I see them play... we could all be more and hopefully one day will (posting isn't really that hard - type it, hit enter)

[sober edit]

suck'll happen... usually find its best not to try to blame it on everything and everyone else

"jambands style is at a dead end because they depend on other genres as a base."

I don't understand this statement. Is this implying that there are styles of music that don't depend on other genres?

"they really have no style to call their own"

Agreed.

"We shouldn't be arguing until I really get a chance to post my original thing"

Disagreed. It turns out on an internet forum it only takes one to tango.

"We shouldn't be arguing until I really get a chance to post my original thing"

You obviously haven't been on this site long enough. There is always someone ready to go!

RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!!

I'm pretty computer stupid and I've never had a problem with this forum...maybe you needed your sleep.

I'll write it again tomorrow, it was basically a theory on how the jambands style is at a dead end because they depend on other genres as a base. Because of this, they really have no style to call their own. I'll flesh it out more tomorrow, I don't feel like writing all that out again. goodnight!!

You're dumb. The difference is improvisation, searching for spirit within the framework of common western music styles. It's pretty simple.

i like that people have stopped sugar coating responses on this forum. if everyone said what they meant and no one took things way too personally, life would be more clear and easier!

I have no problem with that either, but it would probably be nice if the dude could actually make his whole point -and explain himself fully - before we start calling him "dumb".