Jambands.ca

Reports from CTMF?

Basher

I see you there Tooly. I think that I also can see Esau on the left, Scott (Tigger) behind him in the green shirt, James laying down in the front, Sarah crouched down in the first row on the far right, Shane in the back row with the funky hat and someone's arm around him, Bill in the black shirt crouched down on the bottom left. Is that MarcO in the back with his arm around Shane? Maybe that's everyone that I know?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm trying to remember people that I met but for some reason my brain doesn't seem to be functioning properly. Okay, here's a couple. Are any of these people on the board?

Jess and (her friend - sorry) from Peterborough who we walked to the river with?

Jeremy my forest chillin' elf friend (my other friends thought I hallucinated him since I couldn't find him again for awhile) who was working at Starbuck's in Toronto and is going to BC in a week?

Dustin or Miranda or Corbin or Jeff from London who are friends from past CTMF's?

HOly that was an awesome weekend!! I met a ton of you -- Backbacon, Esau, Paisley, Mr. Musicface, Booche, Dr. Hux, Crystal Tears, Just Smoked One, PassedOutGuy (well, we sorta met.. but you were passed out. seriously!), DieselDoug i think, and a whole shitload of others too! I love hangin' out with you all!! Wasabbi Collective was the musical highlight for me I think, The Slip was amazing (thanks whore for putting d1 online so quickly --- and get your own damn Heinekin's!) , and Friends Of Hefner were really good too from what I saw. Where are they from again? "Evangeline" has been in my head since they played it. That girl has a nice voice! Diesel Dog and Hiway Freeker were really rippin for the afternoon sets. The group photo is gold! I was camped waaay at the back of the place (as usual), and the addition of ScottieKing to the 'burbs was nice! Uncle Seth, you make good home brew. Willy, I was camping with Jess and Christy, but they aren't on the board. You actually came by my site somewhere around 5 or 6am on Monday mornin', just before I was goin' to bed! I was too wasted to do much talking though - my apologies. I can't believe how packed it was on the weekend, that was possibly the most crowded its been as of yet.

The search continues for a half-decent breakfast in Durham. Every time we try 1 or 2 new places and every time its just as nasty! Ah well, greasy food is greasy food. MarcO, nice running into ya on the way out in Mount Forest!

Suggestions for the future:

- bluegrass music

- better sound system

- more food vendors

2 more things:

Did anyone else notice Yo's bong raffle fall apart at the end? It was the saddest thing! He finally was able to find a winner for the nice glass bong, then as he was handing it to her a big piece of it fell and smashed on the ground! I think it might have been the stem, in which place it isn't so bad. But panic swept the stage and everyone went silent and Yo looked pretty freaked out, and then it just ended. Dang!

What the hell is the story with that monkey man who came on stage for The Slip?? That was probably the funniest event of the whole weekend for me!

"Sunshine on my shoulder makes me happy" What a beautiful weekend!!!!!!!!! Thanks to the sun for shinning!

Thanks to all you crazy kids that partied hard with me through the nights!

It was sooooo great to see everyone again and meet so many new friends!

Sunday night ---- whoa!!! What a magical night with the canvas of stars above us and the vibrant energy of the people!!!!

I hope to see all you soon!!!!

Sunshine [Razz]

i just want to put up a few highlights

- watching some girl pour a beer down piegins shirt in the saloon, im still laughing about that.

- waking up various people that put on their sissy pants and went to bed,, none of that.

- thinking up the brilliant idea of the mushroom sign, 2nd tube gets the props for thinking of the candles after dark.

- wassabi drum circles around the fire, it was good to hear sanislo playing with them the last night too

- when i finally took a nap, whoever it was that woke us up with the roto toms beside our tents.

- that skank picture, i didnt think there would be that many of us, i remember meeting crystal tears and fresco lopez before i had to go get another beer.

lots of good times, looking forwards to canada day already

Saturday am, approx. 7:45: After a healthy four hours of sleep, a girl I have not seen before or since enters my tent and crawls into my sleeping bag with me. So I got up and started my day while mystery-girl slept.

Sunday am, approx. 9:30: Definitely a solid three hours of sleep before my friend and camp-mate woke me up looking for the car keys so she could get money to buy a coffee. "Grumble" says I, not finding the keys. "Do you want a coffee while I'm there?" "Grumble, yeah, plees..." She forgot.

Monday am, approx 10:45: After my briefest sleep of the weekend, I get woken up with "C'mon, let's pack up, you got a big drive ahead of you."

Most relaxing CTMF I've had.

what a great weekend i could barely even think when i first thew my first post on this topic. The Slip blew me away they were great, i was trippin my balls off when they first started. Wassabi was EXCELLENT.

Got to have a few jams with the drummer after the rest of the band went to bed buring that late night jam was definetly my highlight of the weekend. This CTMT was just plain and simply BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

ps; thanks to secondtube for the mass amounts of....... well you know [Eek!]

quote:

Originally posted by CyberHippie:

quote:

Originally posted by Booche:

And CyberHippie, who the hell are you?

Did I try and pick a fight with you?

That's it!! First I'm a chick, now you just have no idea. It's on! Next time I see you it's go time! [big Grin]

Trevor, you'd knock over sissybooche in about 3 seconds... no contest baby!

Nice seeing ya at Dog/Slip last night bro.

- M.

quote:

Esau looks like he wants to kick some ass!

Good stuff brother, you are officially on Team Booche..............lets pound on some hippies

Booche~

Ahahaha, I dont even remember being there bro....I thought I was wearing that torn ABB shirt for the pic....hey you should look into useing the Jerry Jeff Walker song "Up against the wall redneck" as the team song.(there's a great line in it about kickin' hippies asses and raising hell).Was so great to finally have met ya,next time I gotta try to stay just a little more sober( [Roll Eyes] ),so we can talk some GD,was somthing I was planning on doin....next time.

-

Well heres what I can do as for names in the pic.

Left to right-

Esau13,Velvet,Scotty(in back),Dale from PEI(bearded guy,green-shirt),Stu-Dogg,Tooly(behind Stu-Dogg),Karinanne(sp?),JstSmkd1,Tara,Del-Hed,Frescolopez

-I guess thats kinda row two,I listed.

I do see Dr.Hux,Piegin,Jay Sansilo,Sarahbelle,backbacon,...I think I see Giggles,Bouche,Ms.Hux,Tee-See,Show-whore,Marco,Tungsten,Second-tube,James laying on the ground...hmmmm I think thats all I recognize...WOW, my mind is slowly coming back.

Is that Tonin on the right busy talking? [Wink]

I had to move a bit because Velvet was scaring me [Wink]

Well folks it was an amazing time and was great to finally put faces to names,now I'll be able to creep up on ya'll at shows....so look out. [Razz]

Thanks for the memories [big Grin]

Peace~

Archived