Music at work- whatcha listenin too?

gentlemonkey

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BOB FM-

TOTO- love isnt always on time

Thats some sweet shit, monkey!!! Throw in a little Roseanna(R.I.P. Jeff Porcaro, king of the rock shuffle) and you're all set!!

I'm taking in a little Future Shop special- I know, I know, I don't like multinational big box stores either, but Christ, last week we got:

Jeff Buckley- Grace

The Police- Synchronicity

Beck- Odelay

for 25 bucks. Couldn't pass it up then, and can't stop listening to any of them now.

It's been a great for new music in the office today.

Sufjan Stevens - Illinois

Buck 65 - Secret House Against The World

The Decemberists - Picaresque

and now I'm on to

Neil Young - Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere

Tried to get Odelay today. Picked up Guero. Guess I better run out and grab me some Odelay tommorrow.

Gueros pretty frickin cool. :) Completely different from Seachange...which is the cd that made me fall in love with Beck. The love is expanding.

:)

HOWLER -- Please do yourself a favour and get a copy of One Foot In The Grave! A must have Beck album. It was made when he was really young, like 19 or so maybe. Acoustic 4-track recordings with him and one other guy (Calvin Johnson).

Click HERE for song samples!

Thanks Kevo! You rock! :) cheers...I had some stuff reccomended today but not that one yet....I am in fricken crazy LOVE w/BECK....I never woulda thunk it! :) What an INCREDIBLE artist.

So far I've been told to grab early singles(apparrently very similar to early Ween?), Odelay and Mellow Gold along with your rec of One foot in the grave....anything else? Tell me please and thanks :)

YES one more recommendation is the album Stereopathetic Soulmanure. Its old old stuff, very experimental especially for its time. Weird noise tracks of things like vacuum cleaners mixed with tales of aliens landing, and also some amazing gems like Satan Gave Me A Taco are all on there.

Finally got my hands on Winwood's About Time. Loved it; his yuppie-rock phase is forgiven!

Traffic's John Barleycorn... now can't get enough Winwood. Aching for The Last Great Traffic Jam, but will settle for his other stuff (especially Blind Faith, and looking forward to rediscovering Go and Third World) in the meantime.

Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds. Found it second-hand recently; first heard it when I must gave been nione or ten, still love it. Wish the second disc didn't drag so much... or is it just gettin' too close to quittin' time?

nero's Is It Morning? Even in the studio, Condor rocks!

Jews With Horns, by the Klezmatics. Oy, what fun!

My wife has Beck's Odelay, but I haven't gotten to it yet. Must borrow it now.

...And when no one's around, I drag out my own clarinet and practice until somebody far away complains!