Jambands.ca

COME TOGIVE'R HYPE THREAD

Jay Funk Dawg

It's a possibility, and I probably will. I have my convocation at Queen's in the afternoon that day, and we are going to dinner in Kingston that night. Assuming JSB goes on at the usual time around 11, I can probably make it back in time but it's not for sure. Is it at Maverick's?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, everyone there is your friend, especially once the alcohol and "other" start kicking in :). Something tells me that a gathering of hippie'ish folks such as this will make quite the welcoming atmosphere.

Just go. You have a car you can sleep in, worst case scenario, or you can head to Canadian Tire and grab a tent for $50 (I think I'm going to get the hot wheels one even though I don't have much money, a tent isn't the worst thing to have).

Edited by Guest

Haha, yeah, hot wheels, nice! I have a tent back in Ottawa, but that's a little "out of the way" right now. Alright, I think I'm going and in the interest of meeting some new folks, I can probably offer a ride for 1 or 2 people in the K-W or Guelph regions...

... and Brad, Barrymore's eh? That could be cool. If there's two opening bands then they'll definitely probably go on at 11:30 or closer to midnight, I should be fine for making it in time. If you're setting up a stand, you think I can clamp my mics onto it?

You can definitely clamp on (assuming they're spring clamps; the t-bar, well, it used to be yours :) sits on top of the stand and doesn't let anything else sit on top of it). My plan is to set up right behind the sound booth (or possibly right beside it; I'm not sure at this point).

Aloha,

Brad

It's a pretty versatile clamp.. I can clamp it on to the upright part just below your T-bar.. sort of like a C-clamp type thing that clamps to vertical poles. My gear bag is also self-contained and pretty small (I think you've seen it) so whatever setup you've got down below, I can sneak in somewhere inobtrusive pretty easily. I forget, is the soundboard in Barrymore's up one level? or is it down on the dance floor?

PS. This just in, I'm coming to CTMF for sure, so a ride is definitely available for 1 or 2 people in the K-W/Guelph area... email me at aberg83@gmail.com if you need a ride!

can't wait for the looooong wknd to get here. Can't wait to get my freak on with all youse lovely freaks! Man, it'll be good to reconect with some SoOn folks!

"just two more stress-filled days....just two more stress-filled days....just two more stress-filled days...."

mattm....so sorry we can't manage to squeeze you in....even our "strapped to the roof" space is full, and you deserve better than being strapped to a roof, funny-lookin' or not!!! ;)

don't worry, it's all good. what's important is dave's finger. The guelphanites have offered me rides so that's all good (it was just the bus to durham that sucked, the one to guelph is dandy, though long but who cares).

What time are folks planning on arriving, out of curiosity?