Jambands.ca

COME TOGIVE'R HYPE THREAD

Jay Funk Dawg

Well, fer cryin' out at a buncha volumes. Will be sure to see you. I was glad to have caught Geoff playing last time I was in Toronto at Free Times; Oliver it would have been great to see too (I'll never forget his spotless contrapuntal rendering of the Darth Vader theme one night at the Gypsy).

Ain't the CTMF grand :)?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Main Stage 5:00 until 6:30 p.m. King Sunshine

Main Stage 7:00 until 8:30 p.m. Freekbass

Main Stage 9:00 until 11:00 p.m. Burt Neilson Band

Saloon 11:00 p.m. until 12:15 a.m. High Plains Drifter???

Saloon 12:30 a.m. until ??? Slowcoaster

Does anyone else find this kind of strange...why is High Plains Drifter playing after Burt and not a bigger name? I thought that the newer bands usually played earlier in the day?(no offense Jay)

I am very excited about this day of music...wicked one time!!

Edited by Guest

Cully, you have to take into account that the main stage closes down, and therefore you can't really fit more than 100 + people in the Saloon at one time. This is hardly the place to put King Sunshine, Burt Neilson, JSB, Freekbass ... I didn't make the schedule but I'm happy with the spot, we'll make it worth your while Culliferd!

Main Stage 5:00 until 6:30 p.m. King Sunshine

Main Stage 7:00 until 8:30 p.m. Freekbass

Main Stage 9:00 until 11:00 p.m. Burt Neilson Band

Saloon 11:00 p.m. until 12:15 a.m. High Plains Drifter???

Saloon 12:30 a.m. until ??? Slowcoaster

Does anyone else find this kind of strange...why is High Plains Drifter playing after Burt and not a bigger name? I thought that the newer bands usually played earlier in the day?(no offense Jay)

The Main Stage 9:00 until 11:00 pm time-slot is the 'closing' time spot on the main stage.

This is going to be fun!

Wait a second here. Are you kidding me?!?

Main Stage 5:00 until 6:30 p.m. Jomomma

Main Stage 7:00 until 8:30 p.m. Fat Cats

Main Stage 9:00 until 11:00 p.m. Jimmy Swift Band

JSB are playing after the Fat Cats?!?! Has the whole world gone insane!??! We're not on the east coast here kids. In these here parts we expect our Fatties to be closing our festies. WTF?!

Wait a second here. Are you kidding me?!?

Main Stage 5:00 until 6:30 p.m. Jomomma

Main Stage 7:00 until 8:30 p.m. Fat Cats

Main Stage 9:00 until 11:00 p.m. Jimmy Swift Band

JSB are playing after the Fat Cats?!?! Has the whole world gone insane!??! We're not on the east coast here kids. In these here parts we expect our Fatties to be closing our festies. WTF?!

I'm with Willy on this one. No offence to JSB on this at all as I can't say I have ever seen them live and I'm sure they bring it. However with basically 15 years behind them the Fatcats have earned the closeing slot at what is our premiere local jam festival. To my knowledge they have closed every CTMF they've been at and before that bob's b-day bashes. (unless of course a major headliner was there ie. Jerry Band etc).

While yes its great they are there at any time , the closeing slot does matter. You get more playing time and the vibe that comes with playing at night. Judgeing music is obviously a subjective thing, but to me the Fatties are simply amazing and I think a lot of folks feel the same way. They should close the show.

Hmmm... I thought I was being selfish... but I also enjoy the Fattie close...

Oh well, I am very much looking forward to the weekend, and ALL of the bands playing. It will also be nice to actually party on the same side of the stage with my darlin after their show for a change...

into the wee hours of the morning.

Shake it, shake it!

Jimmy Swift Band are a solid band and they absolutely tear their live shows apart. They definately deserve to be closing out the main stage!!!!

...but then again Fat Cats are a solid band and they absolutely tear their live shows apart as well and also deserve to be closing out the main stage.

I guess this predicament just means that COME TOGETHER IS GONNA ROCK!!!

Yeah really, Complaining about who goes first between the Fatties and JSB is like the Glass half full or empty.

We get to see them BOTH and they will both kick our asses.

How are tickets going in Toronto jay? I need to get 5 more. The maritime corner is up to 22.

Who can beat that? (That's a challenge, one I hope to loose)

That's too bad as well. I love seeing you guys in the Saloon.

JSB are what they are. But seriously, they sure as hell aren't the Fat Cats. And, they sure as hell shouldn't be closing a festival in these parts. Don't get me wrong; I'll enjoy the entire weekened enormously. It's all good for sure. However, there is no doubt in my mind that the closer should be the Fat Cats. They're at the top of their game these last couple years and they blow JSB out of the water. Well, that's my opinion anyway.