Jambands.ca

Crock Pot

Ms.Huxtable

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah well I figured it out. I don't think it matters either way.

Put it in for 8 hours on low. Probably could have got away with 6 or 7 hours as it was way above temperature when I put the thermometer in. It was totally melt in your mouth by that point but still very flavourful.

Have a ton of leftovers for soup. Awesome.

• 4 weeks later...
I just googled for this butter chicken slow cooker recipe if you wanna make it from scratch.

Butter Chicken recipe from justslowcooking.com

I think I'll try it sometime soon.

OK, went back in this thread and I went out and got me the ingredients for this one. It's all in the crock pot just waiting to go tomorrow!!

Nothing says XMas Eve like Butter Chicken and Samosas for dinner :D

I'm doing turkey (breasts, skin on, bone in) in the crock pot this year. Should be good and frees up the oven.

mmmmmmmmmm

Anyone have a good recipe for brussel sprouts?

eewwwwwwwww

;) Just kidding ... i'm sure if you like the sprouts then they'll be yummy :D Sorry, don't have a recipe there for ya. I've only heard of them steamed or boiled then tossing a bit of butter and s&p.

I just googled for this butter chicken slow cooker recipe if you wanna make it from scratch.

Butter Chicken recipe from justslowcooking.com

I think I'll try it sometime soon.

OK' date=' went back in this thread and I went out and got me the ingredients for this one. It's all in the crock pot just waiting to go tomorrow!!

Nothing says XMas Eve like Butter Chicken and Samosas for dinner :D[/quote']

Holy Fucking Gulab Jamun!

That tasted incredible. I upped the spices a pinch and used Butter Chicken Masala instead of meat curry masala.

Mmmmmmmmm

Got a NEW crock-pot for Xmas today too :)

Gonna do a dually crock-pot a meal sometime :D

Will get a killer crock-pot lasagna recipe my sister did last week too ... mmmm ricotta

• 2 weeks later...

Going home to this one tonight. Looking forward to it. I added carrots and some small potatoes underneath the chicken. Didn't use a roaster, but tossed in 6 chicken quarters (thigh/leg) instead. Diced up onion and also some mushrooms. Can't wait to open the front door to crock-pot smells. Make some rice quickly and EAT ;)

Crockpot Roast Sticky Chicken

4 tsp. salt

2 tsp. paprika

1 tsp. cayenne pepper

1 tsp. onion powder

1 tsp. thyme

1 tsp. white pepper

1/2 tsp. garlic powder

1/2 tsp. black pepper

1 large roasting chicken, make sure it will fit in your size crockpot

1 cup chopped onion

In small bowl, thoroughly combine all spices.

Clean chicken well and remove giblets. Pat dry with paper towels. Rub the spice mixture into the chicken, both inside and out, making sure it is evenly distributed and down deep into the skin. Place in a resealable plastic bag, seal and refrigerate overnight.

When ready to cook put the chopped onion inside the chicken then put it in the crockpot and do not add any liquid. As the cooking process goes on the chicken will produce it's own juices.

Cook on low 8-10 hours( high 5-6). The chicken will be falling off the bones.

My additions

garlic cloves inside the chicken

carrots under the chicken

broiled the chicken for the last 5-10 minutes (just to brown the skin a little)

Our fave new way to rock bruss sproutage is to clean em, dry em and then peel off all the individual "leaves", toss them in a frying pan with some olive oil, butter, salt/pepper/garlic until they get some good colour at which point you take off the heat and add a drizzle of honey. YummmmMM!!!!!