Jambands.ca

thailand rules!

afro poppa

Hey Ari - I hope those Thai folks know what they got over there, 'cause you're missed on this side of the world (I miss your enthusiasm raging at shows, though I've been kind of missing the shows period myself these days). And I've always wanted to visit Thailand and Nepal and that whole part of the world, so I'm looking forward to your photojournal, so that I might live vicariously through you :) BTW - Do you have every Mule album with you on your ipod?

Luckyyyy!! I miss being down there. I didn't go to Rai Lei but I was on Ko Lanta for about 3 weeks. Are you heading that way? If so, I highly recommend eating at The Drunken Sailor, which is in Kantiang Bay. Tell em I sent ya!! And I'd recommend staying at Atcha Hut... Sweet big bungalos right on the beach for under $10 a night, and some of the best sunsets I've ever seen. Don't get scammed by those shit private "VIP" bus companies either!

My favorite place, thailand, good job. I like Ko Samet the best. The island is a national park (though it's like any of the other islands with bars and shit, just not near as many tourists) so it's cleaner than most other places (much less dogs and such). It also has the finest white sand beaches I've ever seen. The best part, though, is that because it's a park there's no cops on the island. You can get weed fairly safely (well, safely as any drugs in a place where there are very heavy punishments for it). Also, I don't know which bar it is but when you go to the full moon party (you MUST go to a full moon party, look it up) there's a bar on the beach there that sells mushroom shakes. They are tasty and the most powerful mushrooms I've ever had. When you get onto the beach from the main entrance (Cactus will be on your left) you turn right and it's a couple bars down (it's a little place somewhere between there and the Zoom Bar), forget the name. Meet some local expatriates there (careful as some of the tourists are actually paid cop snitches and they have nothing whatsoever against entrapment there) and ask which bar, you won't regret it...

My favorite place, thailand, good job. I like Ko Samet the best. The island is a national park (though it's like any of the other islands with bars and shit, just not near as many tourists) so it's cleaner than most other places (much less dogs and such). It also has the finest white sand beaches I've ever seen. The best part, though, is that because it's a park there's no cops on the island. You can get weed fairly safely (well, safely as any drugs in a place where there are very heavy punishments for it). Also, I don't know which bar it is but when you go to the full moon party (you MUST go to a full moon party, look it up) there's a bar on the beach there that sells mushroom shakes. They are tasty and the most powerful mushrooms I've ever had. When you get onto the beach from the main entrance (Cactus will be on your left) you turn right and it's a couple bars down (it's a little place somewhere between there and the Zoom Bar), forget the name. Meet some local expatriates there (careful as some of the tourists are actually paid cop snitches and they have nothing whatsoever against entrapment there) and ask which bar, you won't regret it...

Please.

The full moon parties are really nothing but thousands of western tourists acting like complete degenerates for 16 hours. Imagine any rave you may have been to, and then crank to eleven the drug use, alcohol abuse, sexual abuse, vomiting, violence, public urination and defecation, and general lack of respect for others, for property and for environment.

So its funny how you guys mentioned Ko Tao! My friends and I just got back from spending a few nights in a bungalow sleeping 4 to a bed for 300 baht (like 10 CDN) a night. The place is amazing! I am going back after classes end in May and spending like a month there...I cant wait!!

As far as the full moon parties go, there is on the 4th, but we head out Wednesday...right now I am in Phuket and then I go to Kuala Lumpur for a night and then back home to Hong Kong! I got some awsome pics and I'll get em up as soon as I am back to civilaztion.

On a side note, we didnt end up staying at Raylay because it was way too touristy and expensive...we took an hour and a half long boat ride from raylay to Phi Phi (where we stayed at Ko Tao)

Edited by Guest

hey bro, where else you traveling to? i have no idea about geography over there, but i have a friend i think in ho hot mongolia.

he runs a climbing school, i think its called chinal climb, the go to thai land and all over, might be worht checking out, if you wana have some fun,, if you pm me i'll give you his info

On a side note, we didnt end up staying at Raylay because it was way too touristy and expensive...we took an hour and a half long boat ride from raylay to Phi Phi (where we stayed at Ko Tao)

That's what the word is; we were there just before the wave broke and the first hotel went up. That Babylonian Whore sure does get around. I'd hate to see a lot of the places we passed through those many years back.

Ari..I'm so glad U made it to Ko Tao!! soooo awesome there :D

lol.. phi phi island.. it still makes me giggle.. :D

I'd say the full mooner is good to check out but BE Ssoooo careful. I didn't drink too much or buy any drugs...total chaos...One of the ladies on our boat got all her stuff stolen, including her camera with all her wedding pics on it!!!!

don't bring anything U care about really.. and if U do make sure it's close to your body.

cheers matey!!!

~sarah