Jambands.ca

YMSB does Toronto

mattyp

July 25 - Amangasett' date=' NY - Stephen Talkhouse

July 26 - Buffalo, NY - Lafayette Square (with Old 97s)[/quote']

Definitely heading to Buffalo for this. I think it would be hilarious to see them in Yuppyville on Long Island though.... ;)

Actually, the Stephen Talkhouse is out past all the Strip-Malls of Long Island, and even out -past- the Hamptons. When I was in grad school I lived a bit past half-way out on the Island, and the Stephen Talkhouse was still a 2-or-more hour drive. I saw Derek Trucks and Robert Randolph and others out there a couple of times each. Nice little venue. Smaller than the Horseshoe. But nicer. Last time I saw Yonder in a place as small as either of those was in 2001.

Ya, the Montreal/Toronto shows look very appetizing!

I agree that the Horseshoe is a weird booking for YMSB - I'd put my vote in for a bigger venue. My guess is that we'll need to get the elbows up if it stays at the Horseshoe.

I think if they sell out, they'll be back at a bigger venue next round.

As for Amagansett, never been to that venue but still recall the area being swarmed with Yuppified Hamptonites. They got great chutney though...

wasnt there an issue with one of the Yonder guys getting across the border last year for that big bacon classic show?

anyone else remember this? they were taken off the bill. i guess they've got that shit sorted out if theyre heading back up here eh?

im pumped for this, i wish it wasnt at the 'shoe though

Unfortunately YATS, at the Horeshoe, you could see less than a hundred people there AND no room to dance.

methinks you've underestimated the capacity of the back bar (475). i bet at yonder everyone could bring a frickin' hula hoop and not hit anyone else all night.

where can you buy tickets??

i've looked everywhere...nothing...the only thing I did find is that the shoe says 75% of their shows,tickets are sold just at the door only...even yonders site doesnt list the show... ???