Jambands.ca

World Cup 2010 - OK to mention game scores!

badams

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here AD, the best guess at our table came from Godfrey in that the ref screwed up the previous call so he immediately blew the whistle as the free kick was taken to make up for it.

I thought he was calling Baldy on the US for holding but that would have been a terrible call consider the Slovenian defender was draped all over him.

Whatever though, terrible work during that second half from that ref. He made a few calls go for Slovenia when they should have gone for the US.

He could have taken the hit and blocked the shot maybe?

Soccer players are pussies. Fact.

See that Slovenian being taken off the field on a stretcher? He was crying his eyes out.

"Ooooooh, the pain, the pain...."

Duncan Keiths they aint, that's for sure. I need more beer for fucksake.

Fucking brutal. I worked late all week so I could leave early for that.

I'd like to say the Algerians were entirely responsible for making England look bad (they partially were) but Englands passing as they approached the goal was complete shit at times. Rooney's touch at arond the 60minute mark at the top of the box stunk. So many poorly executed attacks. First half was just rough and they got better as the game went on but fuck, come'on, they didn't look anything like the team that qualified.

If it wasn't Friday and if the Habs didn't just trade Halak I'd probably be kicking the dog right now.

France coach Raymond Domenech says he would have been prepared to allow striker Nicolas Anelka to remain with the squad had he apologised for his part in the row which led to the forward being sent home from the World Cup.

Anelka's stay in South Africa was cut short on Saturday when he was disciplined by the French Football Federation after reports of his dressing-room bust-up were leaked to the media.

The 31-year-old was offered the opportunity to say sorry but refused and France officials were left with no alternative but to dismiss him from the squad.

Anelka reportedly exploded in a foul-mouthed tirade after Domenech criticised him for straying out of position during the goalless first half of their 2-0 Group A defeat to Mexico on Thursday.

He was subsequently substituted before the start of the second half but Domenech said the incident had been blown out of proportion and Anelka could have remained with the team had he shown the necessary contrition.

"It was not a confrontation," the 57-year-old coach told French television station TF1.

"People cannot imagine the pressure. We are in a dressing room, the coach says something to a player who is already under pressure, he can react angrily, and with strong words.

"He did not react in the most suitable fashion, but it was just a guy sitting in his corner and muttering - that would not have mattered had it stayed there.

"What was important was that it made the front page of a newspaper, and that exposes the internal life of the squad.

"I sorted out the problem internally, and as far as I was concerned it was done and dusted.

"I had another chat with him (Anelka) the next day and I left open the possibility for him to apologise, something which he did not want to do.

"The decision to exclude him was the right one. I am sorry for the children for whom the French team represents something.

"He (Anelka) does not have the right to say such things."

France have to convincingly beat South Africa in their final Group A match and hope there is a positive result from the Uruguay versus Mexico game, otherwise Domenech's six-year reign will end in an ignominious early exit from the tournament.

KNYSNA, South Africa (AP) -France team director Jean-Louis Valentin said the World Cup team is refusing to train following a dispute on the practice field.

Valentin also said he has resigned from the French football federation, saying he was fed up.

"It's a scandal for the French, for the young people here. It's a scandal for the federation and the French team,'' Valentin said. "They don't want to train. It's unacceptable.

"As for me, it's over. I'm leaving the federation. I'm sickened and disgusted,'' said Valentin, who walked away from the training field, got into a car and drove off.

The latest chaotic scene comes a day after striker Nicolas Anelka was sent home for insulting coach Raymond Domenech, whose tactics and management skills have been called into question.

The team arrived at training Sunday, but a few minutes after taking the field fitness coach Robert Duverne stormed away from an argument with Domenech. Duverne threw his accreditation badge to the ground after a heated discussion and walked away.

The players then boarded the team bus.

In their first two matches at the World Cup, France drew 0-0 with Uruguay and then lost 2-0 to Mexico.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/soccer/wires/06/20/208 0.ap.soc.wcup.france.chaos.1st.ld.writethru.0345/index.html# ixzz0rPAf1wpr