Jambands.ca

World Cup 2010 - OK to mention game scores!

badams

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, it was only Australia but they have put on the most impressive display thus far. Never count out the Germans. MattyC doesnt have them getting out of the qualifying rounds.

But even more importantly?

The soundtrack to the World Cup has been a steady buzz, but the noise could soon be coming to an end. South Africa's World Cup organizing chief Danny Jordaan said Sunday there is a chance vuvuzelas may be banned from inside stadiums after numerous complaints, BBC News has reported.

The wife has had a consistent headache for the past two days. During the German game she finally figured it has to be those vuvuzelas. Maybe so. Maybe not.

I'm torn on the whole vuvuzela issue.

I fucking despise them and the lack of crowd/songs/dead silences/gasps takes away from the Cup (for me) but it's South Africa's Cup to host and it's their tradition.

If they had just produced these plastic shit sticks for the Cup only, then get rid of them but they didn't, this is how they do it down there and the organizers should have put some thought into that instead of contemplating regulating how a culture should be watching football.

But holy fuck, I hate them.

Agreed'd.

Can't stand the noise myself, but it's their thing. If they try to ban them there will be shit to pay i'm sure.

Broadcaster simply needs to lower/filter the mix. Fuck, pipe in fake cheering, or point mics to sections in the crowd that are supporters of the countries on the field (to pick up the chants/songs).

Broadcast the sound that's in the stadium. Lower the levels if you like, but part of the game is the atmosphere in the stadium. If you don't like it then oh well. They (broadcaster) could always provide an alternate audio track like is done for many sporting events, just turn the field mics off.

I have no problem with the horns.

#6 for Italy makes the run from the full back, gets up close to the 18... and then looks like he was shot... I couldn't even see where he was clipped.. man, I just hate the diving Italians... more yellows needed for that crap!

Did you watch the Germany game yesterday? Standing applause for that ref.

You know what I would love to see? Some red cards for the blatant "You werent even touched" dives.