Jambands.ca

Top Chef Canada starts tonight.

rubberdinghy

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get this channel (or any except for CBC), but my friend Mike Stauffer made it on to this season. And from reading peoples posts on his FB today, seems that he was the first to be eliminated in last night's season kick off! Poor Mike! He is easily the most talented chef I have ever known. Wha happened?

The show has already aired. If you can avoid clicking on the Top Chef Canada topic that would be even more awesome.

Perhaps if the title were to infer that the show had already aired I wouldn't have clicked on the thread. Now I know better. [color:purple]Thanks for the lesson.

An example of the spoiler feature

Oh, so you do know how it works.

I thought it was a bit uninspiring. Not one of the dishes blew me away or made me go "mmmm that looks good." (not even the winning one) the way the original TC does and they didn't even have limitations. Disappointing.

Also, Loblaws is no Whole Foods. Dude couldn't even find venison. I can't stand Loblaws seafood and their packaged butchering is thin and weak. I actually saw a chef pick up pre-packaged pork. That might work at home, but on Top Chef???

I'm glad the judges weren't too nicey nice Canadian. They have some balls, but the comment "It could be vomit, it could be vomit." shows that even the judges need to get more creative.

I'm totally going to watch it though. :)

I know Lablaws is sponsoring the show, but it must kill the chefs that they are around the corner from St Lawrence Market- where they can get some of the best protein and produce in the city, and they are stuck with pre-packaged pork and wilted veg from the grocery store.

I used to live down in that area and Lablaws was over priced and quality was always an issue. I pretty much only shopped there when I missed the market's closing time.

I thought it was a bit uninspiring. Not one of the dishes blew me away or made me go "mmmm that looks good."

I got excited about the fish over the pancakes. But give me pancakes any day! I know it was a "pedestrian dish" (as one of the judges said about that dish I think?) but I'm not very hard to please. I'd eat super simple pasta any day as well!

I was surprised that they didn't use McEwan's high end grocery store!! Overall even the production values looked cheaper than the American version. It's got a hint of beachcombers to it somehow. Oh and the food sucked.

Your your delightfully chubby avatar is making me ______________. (Fill in the blanks)

• 2 weeks later...

I have to agree.

There just hasn't been anything that wows me or even inspires me.

Some of the stuff they make on the US top chef really makes me want to try cooking it, learn new techniques or just makes me plain old hungry!

I also don't feel any sense of connection to any of the contestants on the Canadian edition.

Edited by Guest