Jambands.ca

Neil Young and Crazy Horse

The D Funk

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As an aside, four of us walked into K Rock Centre in Kingston without showing our tickets to anyone, there was simply nobody at the open door. Coulda been a free show for us.

It was better than that. We then walked down onto the floor without having to show our tickets as well.

My favorite kind of security is distracted security!

• 2 weeks later...

What do you guys think of the Americana album? Finally got my hands on it and to my surprise I'm a bit torn. I love the version of Gallows Pole, I like the Travellin on and Wayfarin Stranger...but a few of the tracks I find... pretty excruciating (e.g. Tom Dula...I cringe at the b-a-n-j-o on my knee in old Susannah, etc) Kudos to Neil for doing whatever the eff he wants...but not sure how well the Crazy Horse sound (which I am a fan of) translates for some of these tried and true folk songs.

Still lookin' forward to Toronto and haven't heard anything off Psychedelic Pill...not sure if that has even been released yet...

From what I can tell from his setlists and a recent interview I read, I don't think he's playing much, if anything, off of Americana with Crazy Horse.

Looking forward to seeing Neil rockin' with Crazy Horse in Kitchener. I'm not a big fan of the venue but it's hard to pass on a show like this when it comes to my home town. Edger, I'm surprised your not heading to the local show.

Cheers, Mark

What do you guys think of the Americana album? Finally got my hands on it and to my surprise I'm a bit torn. I love the version of Gallows Pole, I like the Travellin on and Wayfarin Stranger...but a few of the tracks I find... pretty excruciating (e.g. Tom Dula...I cringe at the b-a-n-j-o on my knee in old Susannah, etc) Kudos to Neil for doing whatever the eff he wants...but not sure how well the Crazy Horse sound (which I am a fan of) translates for some of these tried and true folk songs.

Still lookin' forward to Toronto and haven't heard anything off Psychedelic Pill...not sure if that has even been released yet...

I definitely agree. Wasn't super thrilled with Americana either. But I have listened to a bunch of live versions of songs from Psychedelic Pill and I absolutely love them. If you want to hear some of them live go to YouTube and check out Walk Like A Giant (my favourite), Born in Ontario, Ramada Inn and Twisted Road. The live version of Walk Like a Giant is huge... can't wait to hear that one in Kitchener.

Mark - I look forward to seeing you there!

• 4 weeks later...

Tonight's The Night .... doo doo de doo .... Tonight's The Ni ii ii ii iight

Killer reviews of tour so far. Los Lobos opening. Neil in Toronto. CRAZY HORSE. GA Floor tix. Oh Yeah.

I'm out at 4:15ish. Heading over to the Loose Moose on Front Street for some beers, etc. with a couple of buddies.

Anyone else going tonight???

Listening to Psychedelic Pill ... listening to more Neil ... not getting much work done.