Jambands.ca

Bluesfest 2013

AD

I'm guessing (hoping perhaps) on Pearl Jam making an appearance. An outdoor PJ show would be more then enough to make me want to attend.

According to friend in Austin who works for a company that mainly deals with the booking of country music festivals, she saw info on a 'non country music' festival in Canada that Taylor Swift was going to play. Although she was really vague about location - "Canada" was all she mentioned. After scanning over the twitter feed for Ottawa Blues Fest I see they did confirm a "major country music headliner" in early December.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love PJ too but not sure if it'll happen as they've stated that the London show is their only Canadian show of the year. Of course there are many easy ways to go back on that statement with little harm. But they still said that.

I'd believe the Taylor Swift thing, especially in light of her headlining that cancelled Hoedown here last year. Great PR and a huge "get" for both her and Bluesfest.

I'd love PJ too but not sure if it'll happen as they've stated that the London show is their only Canadian show of the year. Of course there are many easy ways to go back on that statement with little harm. But they still said that.

Dang. I hadn't heard that.

Perhaps the new album they'll be working on this summer explains the lack of tour dates.

It might be an early bird ticket war between jazzfest and Bluesfest.

Regarding PJ - all they gotta do to go back on that is say something about overwhelming demand, love for the fans, etc. I'm sure London is sold out so nobody would care if they played ottawa too. Although they might have been telling the truth too. I wouldn't be surprised either way.

Not only is London sold out, but tix are selling for 4 to 8x face value on secondary resale sites.

While it makes sense they will be added; the London show is on the 16th right after Bluesfest, I feel it would be a bit of dirty pool. The Pearl Jam boards were lit up with people who were deciding to travel to London simply because of the "only Canadian date of the summer" notation.

Not only is London sold out, but tix are selling for 4 to 8x face value on secondary resale sites.

While it makes sense they will be added; the London show is on the 16th right after Bluesfest, I feel it would be a bit of dirty pool. The Pearl Jam boards were lit up with people who were deciding to travel to London simply because of the "only Canadian date of the summer" notation.

don't get your knickers in a twist just yet!

The uber Pearl Jam fan at work just informed me that due to the complex structure of the fan club that they probably wouldn't pull something like this last minute...

That said he just left the room mumbling about how he was going to convince his wife to let him go to Bfest and the London show...so who knows

Confirmed RBC Bluesfest acts to-date include:

B.B. King

Dixie Chicks

Wu-Tang Clan

RUSH

Fun.

Zac Brown Band

The Tragically Hip

Skrillex Full Flex Express Tour

Kenny Wayne Shepherd

Tegan and Sara

Great Big Sea

Weezer

Belle & Sebastian

Grand Funk Railroad

Baauer

Animal Collective

Jon Spencer Blues Explosion

Passion Pit

Grace Potter & the Nocturnals

She & Him

Alex Clare

Fitz & the Tantrums

Neko Case

Adventure Club

Ronnie Earl & the Broadcasters

Marianas Trench

Solange

LP

Killer Mike

El-P

Sharon Van Etten

Stars

Eric Burdon

Matthew Good

Flogging Molly

A Tribe Called Red

The Cat Empire

Balkan Beat Box

Alejandro Escovedo

Los Lonely Boys

Mother Mother

Atlas Genius

Mississippi Heat

Zeds Dead

The Joy Formidable

Amadou & Mariam

Blue King Brown

Femi Kuti

Hunter Hayes

Tommy Trash

Garland Jeffreys

Blues Broads

Dawes

The Harpoonist and the Axe Murderer

Los Lobos

Ra Ra Riot

Sonny Rhodes

Frank Turner

Justin Townes Earle

Cactus

Camera Obscura

Benjamin Francis Leftwich

Diamond Rings

Eddie Shaw

Mitch Ryder

The Dunwells

The Knocks

Bahamas

Jon Cleary

Cold Specks

John Smith

Joe Robinson

W.C. Clark

plus many more to be announced in the weeks ahead.

"Freaker @ 02/27/13 06:34 AM"

Bet you wished you had stayed in bed eh?

Also I notice the theme is Take Me to the River. Ummm isn't David Byrne playing at that other big Ottawa festival. They had better get talking to Al Greens people.

The pricing is more than fair especially considering the Pick 3 or 5 packs - but when I look at each individual day there isn't one that wows. Of course you can also see that there are approx 2 artists per stage announced, so lots more is coming.

I hope this means Dawes comes to Toronto. Go see them at bluesfest, they are so so good.

I sure hope they do too. I am a bit worried about the new album though. I've read that they want to distance themselves from their Laurel Canyon influences- and upon listening to their first single, they have but I wish they hadn't.

Edited by Guest

I am pleased with the line up ... there isn't a lot of "Oh my God, I have been waiting all my life to see them" but there is a lot of good, and just a bunch of enjoyable stuff all round. Only disappointment is no Prog Rock so far. Even last year had Tangerine Dream.

As usual, I encourage folks to check out Blue King Brown, they always give good show.