Jambands.ca

So Arcade Fire....

Northern Wish

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Beastie Boys played a slow like this at the Hummingbird back in 2007. I wasn't sure what to think of it before going to the show. Not everyone dressed up but those who did looked like they were having a blast. I remember the show being a lot of fun. I have the same expectations for the Arcade Fire.

Doesn't like all these bands have "VIP" shit at their shows now?? I thought it was just the norm now. Are people shocked because it's Arcade Fire?

Who cares about the suggested dress code, personally I think it sounds fun!!! And they're not the first ones to do it.

Perhaps I'm biased, I love the band, love the new album. I'm stoked to dress up for the show.

Isn't Arcade Fire a very charitable band? If they were just greedy people I'd probably have a problem but I don't see Arcade Fire as a greedy bunch of people. VIP's for $350 while might be steep for most people probably isn't much for some folks. People pay that much to see a Leafs game all the time. And it's just for a relatively small section I assume.

The dress up part, I've been to shows where a lot of hipsters attended, they all dress the same anyway, with their tight coloured jeans and Rayban glasses, so it's probably not much of a stretch. Sounds like they're just trying to have some fun. If people were denied entry because they wore tie dye or something, then that would be an issue requiring an all out ban of Arcade Fire. Until that happens.... relax.

Edited by Guest

Like Bob Lefsetz says, marketing is a now a 365 day event. No one should be doing launch marketing and then hoping the product will maintain momentum. I think the Arcade Fire team will have lots of tricks up their sleeve for 4 to 6 months to come. The album launch with the lead up, the shows, the live broadcasts etc was pretty brilliant.

Of course all of that work and they debuted at No 1 on Billboard and have dropped all the way to 9 this week with a decline of 77% selling only 31,000 units.

I personally hate that VIP packages and artificial cool is what the band has become. If they want an art project, take the millions off the table, get out of arenas and play clubs that would give people a true experience not just an opportunity to spend some money down at the Value Village and impress (or annoy?) their instagram friends.

Edited by Guest