Jambands.ca

Dammed Work

LJFH

Well, as usual I missed another great show cause of this dammed job. Couldn't get today off so instead of sleeping off a hangover and reliving a great night of music...I am sitting at this desk not looking forward to another day of drudgery.

Hope the show was great and you all had a terrific time. How did the nametags turn out? What was the official count? Is there anyway I could Lget mine sent to me? Or was it destroyed?

Lil Jod

Hey LJFH,

The tags turned out great, and you were missed at the party. You were one of only 4 poeple who's nametag still hung from the line at the end of the evening. I would say we had a wonderful turnout!! We sure showed Dekcuf tangible proof of our claim, by bringing out 80+ people, all who seemed to drink like phish and have a case of perma-grin. grin.gif" border="0 Yeah us!

Not to rub it in, but you did miss the biggest party Dekcuf has ever seen! We had an incredible time. The nero boys wore giddy grins that translated into pure musical heaven. I do believe that Mr. Lauzon danced through most of the show! The energy in the room was an amazing force and the sense of community and unity was overwhelming. We have created a friendly monster here pholks.

WAIT UNTIL YOU HEAR THIS SHOW!!! High energy, noise makers, a new song and a great setlist. I bet it will sound as though 1000 people were there.

If I could have slept in past 7:00 this morning, I would have the strength to go on...... What a night.

I am sooooooo tired. Monday's suck.

Indeed, it was a show for the ages. After the last time Nero played C.D., I said it was the best I had seen them...and until last night, it was...last night, though, took it to another level, *again*.

The boyz were blazing, having a ball at the same time. The vibe in the room, even before they came on, was palpable. It was like Hallowe'en, New Year's Eve, and a house party all rolled into one. They took all the fun coming off the floor, translated it into music, and fed it back onto the floor, which caused even more fun to happen.

(Anybody else think we should turn this into an annual thing? Make March 31 "Nero's Eve" or somesuch?)

We cabbed out about 2:30am, I got to bed about 3:00am, and got to sleep, well, I don't remember when (being asleep), but it wasn't instantaneous, I was so keyed up.

Then my body clock went off at its usual 6:00am...when I say "drip coffee", I mean *IV*...

Aloha,

Brad

"Shared pain is lessened, shared joy increased."

-- Spider Robinson

Guest Low Roller

ughhhhhhhhhhhh........ I hate mornings.......

I'm completely incoherent right now, but I'm going to try to put my two cents in about last night's show: It was awesome.

The official count was 86 people.

86 people, on a Sunday, in OTTAWA. Ladies and gentlemen, we witnessed the beginning of something special last night.

Now if you excuse me, I'm going to curl up into the fetal position under my desk.

Well I feel like a sorry excuse for a Skanctuarian today...

I fell asleep following my mom's MASSIVE turkey dinner in Kingston. Awoke about the time Nero was hitting the stage! Glad to hear things went well grin.gif" border="0

Ms. Hux - Please hold onto that nametag for me.

Jaybone - Did you make it back alright?

LowRoller - Get out from under your desk!

Guest Low Roller

I'll only get out from under my desk if you show up at work Dave-O!

And since I know that will probably not happen, it's nappy time.

It was a GREAT show! And it was nice to put faces to the names.

(I'm easy to spot if I feel like movin' to the groove ... I've never been good at staying behind those invisible walls that pop up 10 feet or so in front of the band smile.gif" border="0 )

I think we should have custom sauna towels printed up for the skybox, though.

yeah, work is just great.. half my colleagues called in sick, so the 'new girl' is talking to me non-stop, and can't seem to stop clicking her feet like a squirell tap dancing under my chair. I made it clear that i went to bed at 5:00am, but still, i guess i need to hear everything she is thinking!! AAARGH! one of those people that asks a retarded question, and then when you are trying to answer, starts interjecting incorrect interuptions. i want to punch you in the throat~~!@! and the worst peanut butter breath i've encountered as well..

gentle, gentle. be gentle. mad.gif" border="0

I'm just dragging my sorry ass out of bed right now (2pm). to all of you who are at work right now...sucks to be you! Last night was a damn fine time. Lots of great music, funny surprises, great people who were jazzed to be partying down for Nero made for an awwwwesum Sunday night. Dave-o, thanx for the concern but I made it back to town in time for the show...too bad you missed it! That little shakedown tease was some funny shit!!! I'm pretty sure Booch messed his shorts when Nero started playing it and I'm sure he messed them again when they pulled the psyche! Nice April fool's day joke!! After-party at Todd's was a fun-filled hazey affair! Thanx to all who made last night such a fun time!

"I want to punch you in the throat..." omg, that was good. punch her, punch her grin.gif" border="0 !

i cant believe you people are at work... that after party velvet, was fabulous - kids in the hall, rocked, decuf party - awesome - i only get out like 2 or 3 times a year kids, so i am just floored at having SUCH a good time...

i didnt' know anyone but through your avatars and everyone was so super nice to me, thanks to everyone who introduced themselves, hope i managed to say something coherant to you - it was touch a go a couple of times, i know, ha ha.

so i just got home and i totally in the hangover giddy phase - on 4 hrs. sleep. will probably crash and die in about 1 hour 45 minutes.

thanks again everybody.

p.s. velvet needs big floor pillows for xmas this year! smile.gif" border="0

oh you poor souls....hiding under desks and killing co-workers...I crawled out of bed only to walk my dog at about 3...doh...

what an awesome time...it was realy nice to meet all of you freaky peaple...my fave reaction was Tonnberry 'HOWLERS A GIRL!'haha sure am...though i wish i realy were a purple one eyed fanged tooth drooling purple dude!what a blast...yeah I would love to see the pictures folks took too!

Ha ha ha suckers at work...Twas a beautiful day for a walk in Westboro...PB breath Mmmmmmmm!!!

But I do wish to thank moe.ron for saving my ass with a saaaaawweeeeet drive home, full of shawarmas and garlic spuds...excuse the breath!!!

Stapes and Tonberry...17 shawarma shallenge still a go???