Jambands.ca

Q of the Day 12/18/02

Jaimoe

I met my sweet Heather at work. She no longer works there now and attends teachers college. She is into some bands that i like (hookah + ratdog + PLQ + SCI) but dislikes Phish. It is the same as every other person that i have met.....they just don't get it. But i'm sure that if she saw them...BLAMMO! Just like every other person i have met. Before i met her she had no idea that any of these bands existed except for dead and phish. She's a very open minded chick and always gives every band a chance before passing judgement.

But you already knew that though didn't you Chewie [smile] What are you doing on Saturday night? Doobies and beer?

Met my girl, Lara, for the first time last nye (bnb in TO). mwa at midnight!

Met up once after that in guleph in march (bnb).

Jump to this past sept. we find ourselves together in a car on our way to hookah in toledo. the rest is history.

she rides horses too! giddy-up. [Razz]

I have someone in mind for you, chewie.

EDIT: 12.23.02:

Oh, yeah, she also surprised me when she showed up with Mud and Blair halfway thorugh the ABB show in Darien Lake at the end of the summer. Lara to Mud during Liz Reed (as overheard by me): "This would be a good song to make love to.." Me, so coyly interjecting, "I have this song on tape."

the most fantastic women i've known have all been into music. i always liked going to shows but never went to the 'right' ones.

amanda turned me onto phish and the dead, and hence the magic began.

maddak ended up going to the shows i suggested (if i couldn't go someone had to)

i love people that love music. plain and simple...at times i think having different interests would be good, but then i snap out of my wierd trance and realize that enthusiasts are all great people. arguably better than most.

chris and i met at work and i deceided to tour with him and a friend one summer and the rest there is history too!! we share alot of interests, music along with everything else. nothing else is interesting.......we do everything together!

hey!!!???? backbacon!!! who is your girlfriend. i ride horses too!! does she compete?? just curious, i find it hard to mix music and horses sometimes....especially in the summer!

I'm curious...

are your significant others on the bus?

are they converts? or non-heads that don't like the music or the scene or anything to do with it?

if they are in the scene...did u meet them at a show?

i'm looking to start dating again and would like to meet somebody who loves the music as much as i do...

I'm one of the lucky ones. me lady is from the same town as me, however i met her at a phish show in Rochester (thru a mutual friend.. thanks again ts). she has seen ten times more phish/moe./mmw/galactic/sci (and tons more) shows than i ever will see and regularly chooses to travel far to see music, with or without me!

theres a wookette out there for ya buddy! keep your eyes peeled.

I have a significant ex(now),but I met her in the La lunas scene at Doug Feaver,it turned out that her Mother and aunts knew my Dad and Uncle in their teens,and her grandparents used to be best friends with mine in the early 60,s,it was kida mind blowing since we were 6 and a half years apart in age, I the older.

It wsa great for 2 years, then she got wise to my jamaholic tendency's(I had a 2&1/2-3 year rehab due to back surgery and cancer therapy),which were gettin back to full speed,she wasn't into the crazy part of the scene that I am know to frequent,so we went astray.(Not just the scene did that)

But she was and still is to my knowledge into the music just not the scene.Too bad,she's a beautiful person,would have like to introduce her to the many friends I've met over the last few years,they'd like her.(Miss you S.B)[Frown] (If yer out there) [smile]

Now I don't know if I would date somone within the scene,I kinda got used to the quieter side of life when it comes to relationships. [Confused]

But I sure have fun finding out if I would. [Wink]

Esau13 [Razz]

I met my girlfriend ostensibly through the Fat Cats residency at the old La Luna. Caught my eye to the point of obsession. She's super cool, has seen about ten Phish shows and probably more than 15 New Deal shows, but most importantly, has a wide range of musical interests and an open mind, so music appreciation is not an issue around our household. I don't think she fully understands why I collect shows but I've been doing that forever anyway....

Chewie - just gotta get out there and hit the dancefloor. Every gig I go to is packed with beautiful women (I can look can't I???) and I bet most of them are very cool too.

Ahhhhh.... girls are good. [Cool]

ph'n4mango;

yeah, she competes - she does show jumping. Very exciting stuff! Nice pants!! "Music", as it is, does pose quite a distraction, we're coping; 've not had to deal with a summer yet....

I'm sure you'll meet her soon enough and get a chance to 'talk the trot', so to speak. [smile]

schwa:

ACE's wife is too much of a prune for ACE to even know if he's a swinger or not... BOO!!

chewie:

ask karinannie out!?

Well, with my wife it generally depends on the band ... she likes the Allmans, just tolerates the Dead (she is a former professional singer, so she finds it hard to deal with their somewhat, errr, loose singing style [Razz] ) , enjoys Gov't Mule and Phish whenever I play them for her (although she only has just gotten out of asking "Who is this?" every time I play Phish for her) and loves the New Deal.

RTHV

NP : King Crimson - Nashville Rehearsals