Jambands.ca

Lurkers - bored or busy?

scottieking

Hey all,

Something was mentioned on the Survivor thread (not negatively, I realize) and it got me thinking about my posting habits lately. Compared to how often I used to post, I really just read up and pipe up whenever I need to. This is, after all, my home page . So what is the definition of a lurker? I may be becoming one. I am quite busy these days. I also don't find as much interaction and interesting topics going on as their used to be (not to say that there isn't any) It seems everytime I think of posting it's something that I think to myself "this is useless". Christ, maybe I'm still intimidated by the new format.

Lurkers, semi-lurkers and full on respondants, what do you think?

I'm thinking that the Cavern is getting more filled with show related info, so the stupid topic that you or I might have posted in the past doesn't persist in view long enough to provoke a response.

If this is the case, then there may be a need for filtering show info out of the GENERAL forum into a show forum.

Don't stop yourself from posting. Nothing can be as stupid as Jarod trying to pick up chicks.

It's funny you should ask that Scottie. I find myself lurking a lot lately. I'm busier at work than I have ever been, I've been on the board for a few years now and feel that the same things get posted over and over again with each new generation of Scank. It's still my favorite place on the net and I may get back into the swing of things now that it's summer and more will be going on, but I guess I've just been a bit bored with the content lately. (Kung's posts excluded of coarse ::)

I've become a lurker lately myself (meaning: not having the time to respond to posts, but getting caught up by reading the odd post here and there). When I was unemployed I was on everyday, but now I'm busy as hell and can't find the time.

Plus now that I've moved to Ottawa, alot of the people I was interacting with day-in-day-out...I get to see every week now and I'm constantly being updated on Skank news in person.

But as Ms. Hux said...it is summer now...time to play, so I'm sure I'll be back in action on the skank in no time.

Sunnydays Kids!!

I think its funny that in a thread about Lurkers, not one of the people responded so far have less that 500 posts. You call that lurking??? ::

Where are the real lurkers at, the ones that signed up over a year ago and are still "Roadies"

C'mon "real lurkers" where are you?

I find alot lately that the posts are a little cliquey, mostly people from Ottawa talking to people in Ottawa about stuff that happened this past weekend in Ottawa. It's hard to break in, and without knowing alot of the people on here personally, it seems that few people respond to my rare sentiments.

rock

Kevin

I think its funny that in a thread about Lurkers, not one of the people responded so far have less that 500 posts. You call that lurking??? ::

Where are the real lurkers at, the ones that signed up over a year ago and are still "Roadies"

C'mon "real lurkers" where are you?

alright i guess im a part of that category... i fall into both sides of being a lurker... busy with work and being out lots cause its summer and partly bored... i dont think i'd say that i find it too clicky here but i do find that everyone for the most part knows eachother from shows and stuff... im sure id probably recognize faces and names from past shows and festivals... but i do love the music and meeting all the good souls i come across so maybe we'll meet sometime....and not necessarily for the first time..

theres an input from a roadie!! ::

cheers, nellie

hmmm, well, i am an ex-lurker turned semi-lurker turned full-on-respondant... in that order... even as this thread is concerned... when i first saw it, i lurked right on by... then later on i checked in to see what it was about... and here i am in a full on response... ::

anyhoo, i guess i would consider myself part of the new generation of scank, as i havent been posting regularly for even a year, i dont think...

but i can offer this up: if it's the content currently being posted by the new generation of scank that is keeping the old generation of scank from responding, well, let me be the first to apologize for our lack of good content.

after 640-ish posts, i can only imagine how much mindless drivel has come off the tips of these fingers and wound up on a screen in front of your face.

I find alot lately that the posts are a little cliquey, mostly people from Ottawa talking to people in Ottawa about stuff that happened this past weekend in Ottawa.

i'll talk island talk with ya bro...you, me and freak can segregate ourselves and laugh at those folks left in Ottawa ;)