Jambands.ca

The f*cked things people will do for money *update

NewRider

well, out of sheer desperation for money I've had to take a job offered by my temp agency that I'm not very happy about. It's by far the dirtiest job they've EVER offered me in the last 6 years! Tonight at 5PM I start telemarketing for the fucking Conservative Party!!! I really can't believe that my agency would LET me do this job. I DON'T look very conservative at all and would require a whole lot of hair trimming to do so. I just need to find a way to get that picture of me on the ground from last weekend on a t-shirt to wear.

So if they interview me I'm gonna have to lie and say I hate:

abortions

drugs

the poor

freedom

man, this is gonna be the least heady job EVER! I give it 20 minutes before I'm canned....we'll find out soon enough!!!

Actually, I saw an interview with Belinda Stronach on Sunday, and, even though she's running as a Conservative candidate (heck, she ran for the leadership of the Conservative Party), she's both pro-choice and for same-sex marriages; in other words, your less-than-conservative views may not be as incompatible as you think...

Aloha,

Brad

That's actually pretty darned funny. Made me laugh out loud. I would love to be a fly on the wall for those conversations. it would be interesting to know just how much $$ they're spending on this type of initiative and what kind of results they get.

I think walking through the DOOR is gonna get me fired this time!

With that attitude,I'd fire you too,just kidding.Try some team spirit and a smart looking shirt,smile and be polite,I bet you have alot to offer this place if you only give yourself a chance.Nothing wrong with some honest hard work and hey! you might just meet a friend or two,which is always good,right?Just think positive,use the Jimmy method:

1.Clean shave and hair cut

2.Good nights rest.

3.A wholesome breakfast (make sure to brush afterwards)

4.A good shower and some aqua valva

5.Think good thoughts,like all the cool people you will meet

6.Be personable and honest with a positive attitude

7.Just do your best.

Good idea Bouche.....

Basically what you're gonna want to do is mark the complete opposite of what people are saying to the Conservatives, skew the results the wrong way.

We can use all the help we can get!! :( The Conservative party is now using David Frum as a TV spokesperson, a guy who wrote speeches for George W. Bush. Belinda is an exception to the norm - believe me!!

Good idea Bouche.....

Basically what you're gonna want to do is mark the complete opposite of what people are saying to the Conservatives, skew the results the wrong way.

We can use all the help we can get!! :( The Conservative party is now using David Frum as a TV spokesperson, a guy who wrote speeches for George W. Bush. Belinda is an exception to the norm - believe me!!

yeah that's what I had heard.

well, I made it through the whole four hour shift! I really sucked at first but then kinda got into it by pretending Conservative was a GOOD thing. If anything today I learned to be a little bit nicer to telemarketers, that and Dean Martin is a total loser but his daughter is kinda hot.

Tomorrow I'll probably snap and try to hang myself with the phone cord.

First off, telemarketers can bite my ass. I'm always polite when I inturrupt and say "I'm sorry but no thank-you, and please take me off your list." I know they're just doing their job, but I ain't buying, no matter what they say, and I'm just trying to play my part. They're off the phone sooner so they can make more calls, they save their breath, and I'm not overtly rude. Telemarketing should be illegal. Congrats on the job though.

Second, it's sales my man! Doesn't matter what you're selling, it's all the same! Ask Stapes about that sometime.

Third, there's a post in this thread that makes me suspicious that my mom may have joined the sanctuary.

Two words:

Space Cake. ::

HAHAHAHAHAAA....

yeah it certainly blows bothering people at home. Luckily all I have to do is ask them if they're supporting the local Conservative candidate Dean Martin (doubt he can sing as well but I'll ask tomorrow). I've NEVER done a job like this and hopefully will be finding a better job soon. Out of a hundred calls I maybe had 5 or 6 that just hung up or seemed really pissed. I did a little editing on their script to keep the call as short as possible. They told me if someone said they were undecided to try and find out if they're concerned with

- health care

- integrity

- crime

- education

and I think something else generic. I refused to do it though, if someone says they're undecided I just give them www.deanmartin.ca and thank them for their time. I nearly busted out laughing on the phone to someone today when I thought about refering to him as Deaner. I had an old guy go into great lengths today about how many years he's voted conservative and why... blah blah blah... I'm trying to keep the guy on the phone as long as possible like I work at a 1-900 number because It'll be the best conversation I get to have for 4 hours! I think I'm ready to put my steel-toed saftey shoes back on.