Jambands.ca

Jamspaces/BGH Suck

Van Whelan

quote:

Originally posted by bouche:

Maybe Dave Lauzon's free for drumming? I hear he was quite the little Mickey Hart in Chatham.
[Wink]

You mean he murdered the singing on "Fire On The Mountain" to the point where people wanted to pummel him intensely?

Aloha,

BRAD (Bgh Radio Appearance? D'oh!)

quote:

Start by recording the next* BGH rehearsal... * Assuming there is one...

Has there ever been one?

Looks like we will have to get BradM over for the *next one.

He can be the voice of reason on this debate.

As far as I can see, which wasnt very the other night, Saturday was as close as you get to a BGH rehearsal.

quote:

Originally posted by Booche:

He can be the voice of reason on this debate.

Better him than me. When I'm acting as the Voice of Reason, you know that Reason has just left the building and is hailing a cab for the airport.

quote:

Originally posted by Booche:

Hey, don't make me buy -...

quote:

Originally posted by Dr. Huxtable:

"recording the next BGH rehearsal"

...wouldn't that basically be the sound of ice cubes rattling around in a glass of bourbon...

...or bring -

Aloha,

Brad

quote:

Originally posted by rainmakerrtv:

I heard a rumour from a source within BGH that Joanne (the drummer for Daisy Ella Mojo Crew) was being considered for BGH, but I'm not sure if it was entirely based on her considerable drumming skills
[Wink]

Rob Not Bob

muckraker

Yeah, she plays bass pretty well, too. (At the Nostalgia / DEMC / nero show, DEMC did a bassist<->drummer [and back again] swap in the middle of one song).

Aloha,

Brad

quote:

Originally posted by bradm:

Yeah, she plays bass pretty well, too. (At the Nostalgia / DEMC / nero show, DEMC did a bassist<->drummer [and back again] swap in the middle of one song).

Aloha,

Brad

It was on Child Of The Night, it is a regular part of their set (she played it at the Tier 3 shows at Dekcuf and Zaphods)

Rob Not Bob

Geek

Well, it's kind of "What do you want them to be?"

BGH = Boneheads Gone Haywire. They're a collection of institutionalized mental patients who, as rehabilatory therapy and to help make reparations for the damage they've caused society, are let out on day (OK, night) passes to perform rudimentary acoustic music to a collection of people who usually show up just to humour them.

-or-

BGH = Been Getting High, which describes their state of mind when playing stuff that's generously described as "competent bluegrass".

-or-

BGH = Blobs of Green Humus, which is a food analogy of what their playing sounds like, or what you feel like after listening to four sets of them in a row...

-or-

BGH = Blue Grassy High, a nominally-funny pun (a combination of "blue grass [music]" and "Degrassi High") given to some good friends who get together once in a while and have a ball playing fun, relaxed acoustic music, with no trappings of "trying to impress people".

Aloha,

BRAD (Bgh Redefined Aggressively / Derisively)

Archived