Jambands.ca

I'm going to NYC tomorrow

mikey d

Check out the tourist stuff. I have been there a few times and one of the best things i did was a hop on hop off tour bus ride. They point out the highlights to you and you can get on and off as much as you want over a couple of days. A good way to get a nice overview of the city and then decide where you want to check out (Tribeca, grenwich village, midtown, Times square, Central Park, Bronx, Brooklyn, etc). The best thing about New York is the amount of activity. It really never does sleep. Just stroll around after you check things out and you'll find lots to do. You can get cheap theatre tickets in time square at the last minute booths for lots of Broadway stuff.

The Empire State building is cool, and I would be interested in the Twin Towers site. Central Park is interesting as are all of the museums in town. Really no end of stuff to check out.

Have a good time!

colin

well im back now, and i have to say i dont realy like that city too much.

i saw all the main touritst sites: statue of liberty, empire state buliding, ground zero, metro museum of art, times square, broadway, central park, harlem basically everything. they were all great. the empire state bulidng at night was incredible, and seein 42nds street on broadway dropped my jaw, and the art museum was one of the greatest places i had ever been, but the city itself is waaayy too much fo rme.

the people there, generally, are quite rude and pushy. i was slapped by a 65 year old woman ont he street for simply brushing against her shoulder. everywhere we went people were barking orders and yelling. at points i couldnt handle it.

so basically i dont intend on ever returning but im thanful ig to to see so muc fo what it has to offer.

while i was there i got live phsih: 10/31/94 (white album) for the 9 horu bsu ride. its wicked.

the end

Too bad you didn't enjoy your trip to NYC. I have been there a few times with great results. I loved the city and the people were very friendly. The whole NYC attitude is kind of amusing I think.

I was also impressed with how clean and bright the city was.

Colin

Archived