Jambands.ca

Here It Is: CTMF Labour Day Announcement....

shainhouse

Well, straight from the horses' mouth...

Here are the bands confirmed for Labour Day @ Izzy's. of course, more to be announced still...

Smokestack

Grand Theft Bus

Kaejema

Jomomma

The New Shady Groove

Passenger

The Chris Chambers Band

Immaculate Machine

Tala

Mark Wilson & The Way It Is

The Silvertones (Steel Drum Band)

MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED AS WELL!

September 3-5, Izzy's Outfitters, Waterford, ON

www.cometogethermusicfest.ca

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch. That's not the whole line-up is it? I think Mark Wilson is the only thing that I'd be excited about seeing. Mind you, I don't know all those bands.

How about a description of each band? And, you you write something like "JAZZ FUNK DUB ELECTRO REGGAE", I'm going to scream. Am I the only one tired of advertisers listing every music form known to man on their signs? :D

kaejema is a friggin excellent band from BC, theyplayed a few weeks back at pepperjacks, such a great show.

the lineup is lacking something, id like to se more along the lines of max creek or dickey betts or Raq or Raisinhill again, they totally rocked the last festival they played here, was a shame mostly everyone was back at the sites and not enjoying new music. does anyone else ever notice that? that ppl in this scene will ALWAYS go to see a show that theyve already seen the band before, but wont go check out new bands even if they get good reviews? grrr

Exactly Tooly. I say use the festival as a showcase for Canadian acts, both local and from out of town, but try to include at least one "name" band from the states... Don't get me wrong, Smokestack kicks ass (who's got my heady Cripple Creek?), but raq! or Dickey Betts! or Max Creek! would have made this "the" CTMF of the year. I'm sure the party will kick ass, as will the music, but I don't think you'll see the numbers out that you would have with one of the bands mentioned earlier.

so I guess you'd like us to be more concise with our descriptions...sure...I can take that kinda of criticism ... I'm not a publicist so if I've been pushing the wrong buttons we can chalk it up to my lack of media savvy ...

cJhim...I'm a musician... not a salesman ...or a doctor for that matter....

I don't know what to say to you people about our music...I say just listen to it...It speaks for itself ... all the webpostings and attempts to get people out to shows is certainly daunting at times ... It's not something I look forward to doing...nor do I claim to know how to do it ... I'd say just try to be open-minded to new things that you haven't heard and have a good time......Peace!....Jim