Jambands.ca

Here It Is: CTMF Labour Day Announcement....

shainhouse

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its funny that no matter what festival lineup is presented, it will never make everyone happy. Evolve is getting lots of flak for its lineup, which I thought was pretty good and now some people here already wondering where their favourite band is on the list.

I looked at that list and thought WOW how great it was. I was excited for the bands that I was going to get to see. I did not start to think about the bands that was not there. I think we have gotten greedy and spoiled when its comes to our grass roots festivals here in Canada. We expect so much from these small groups of people who bust their asses off to put something good together for us.

Why can't we just say, Hey, thanks for the great time and putting this together for us. I can't wait to enjoy the music.

This is just my opinion of course..

i would go just for the GTB!

...but i love to see new music, hell, raisinhill was one of my faves at the last fest and i had never heard a single note of theirs before that weekend.

...and as already stated there are more to come. Lets just see whats going on before we jump to any negative vibes about the lineup. and from what i hear, Passenger a consumate pros, playing for a living instead of weekends for a bunch of hippies.

i just say give it time.

Your opinion is clearly wrong!

Just because there's at least 5 or 6 great bands on the list doesn't mean that people should say thank you to the people who have done all the hard work for them in assembling the talent. People should instead expect something far beyond the possible means of a small 400-1000 person festival, and complain bitterly before coughing up the dough to go see their friends anyways.

Do I need a sarcastic font?

well people can be honest

I'm not slagging any bands by saying I'd like to see some the Cats, Diesel Dog or Blue Quarter or someone similiar... I have nothing against any of the bands listed as all that I've heard are really good but I consider this a jam festival as well as the last festival of the season and I'm going to be looking for something other than funk or R & B (which I could go out tonight or any night and see) at 10/12 pm

just as people will drive 12 hours to see a single Dead show sometimes you need established acts to create a draw, even if all the bands are totally talented

its also relatively expensive (you can go to Evolve for an extra $20)

guess you can look at it as spoiled or as objective feedback

no one from the organizers to the bands to the attendees wants a festival few people show up for

fu©k that! where is the dead (rose garland)? where is the songwriting local heros (diesel dog)?

I think it's complete bullshit that Rose Garland hasn't been booked yet this year! The best Dead cover band in Ontario doesn't play CTMF ONCE all F uckin' year?!?! Someone's being a ass-hat! I know the line-up isn't complete but I also know Rose Garland hasn't even been ASKED to play Labour Day weekend. What gives..

On a positive note.. I'm VERY happy to see Passenger, Smokestack and Silvertones on the bill. Passenger is one of the most underated bands in Ontario. Jim Slansky is one of my favorite voacalists and a kick-ass guitar player taboot! Hopefully someone will get wise and book the bands that NEED to be booked to make this a great Come Together Music Festival for Labour Day weekend.

you guys are funny ::

(thankya, by th way tube)

looks good so far...

was just sayin I'm still hopin for some more solid acts to give us old folks somethin to work with the doses

I'll second a vote for Rose Garland... and Diesel Dog has to play as far as I'm concerned... Blue Quarter, The Cats, nero... whats The Slip up to on their way back from Evolve?

we should start a wish list thread that displays bands people want to play

Where the hell are Caution Jam? I mean come on now: Aren't these guys part of the mysterious glue that holds us all together? How is it that all our staples are missing? Caution Jam, Disel Dog, Fat Cats, Burt Neilson Band, et cetera. Are they all sick of playing this festival or something? Or, are they all being deliberately left out of this festival?

i know my voice is not heard when i mention this name, as i have been saying it for years...

i get told by the promoters, he was contacted, but had prior committments, but after i talk to him, he claims no one even contacted him....

GET

D O U G L A S - F E A V E R

Please.

Last time he played 'the town' was 2000, and boy did he smoke....Remember that fast food world?

Willy, haven't almost all those bands played CTMF this year? I say bring on some new bands... How about themasses or All Of Green or some other Canadian bands that haven't had the opportunity to get some exposure through CTMF? If every CTMF had Caution Jam or the Fat Cats at it I think it would get very stale, very fast...