Jambands.ca

Best Commercials...

rubberdinghy

the energy drink commercial where the cameraman runs past the sprinters and they're looking over at him like "what're you doing"... the cameraman then turns it on and crosses the finish line first, filming all the while... sounds dumb to write it but its well done

and the body cologne commercial for guys where the couple is arguing and the girl yells "you need therapy" and comes stormin out and just as she walks past body cologne dude (who is posing against a trailer for no reason, staring off profoundly) she does a hard left turn and melts right into him

those make me laugh, though they don't quite manage to sell me their product

Just saw one for Aspirin where there's a girl typing, and she stops turns her wrists over and flames come out of them. A co-worker walks in and looks at her flaming wrists. The girl with the wrists looks at her and says "My wrists are on fire..." in the most monotone of voices. The other woman stares blankly at her for a moment, then does a kung-fu move and tosses some Aspirin to her. Then they do a 50's style cheesy explanation of how it gets rid of the fire on your wrists... Hilarious...

haha all of the above are great.

i like a couple of older labbatt blue ones.....the one where the business people break into a street hockey game using umbrellas & stuff & the one where they go into a curling game using the hotdog cart.....AWESOME!!

actually, come to think of it, most of the labbatt blue commericals are pretty awesome....the shag carpet one, the one where the opening of the bottle interrupts all kinds of people....and so on & so on.

i dont even like blue......haha

the old Little Ceasers commercials

hick consumer: This ad says you get two pizzas.

-pizza dude holds up a mirror: what do you see?

hick: two pizzas

pizza dude: well then what do you get?

hick: two pizzas

that or the pteradactyl origami one.

classic

Hahaha,Not me man,I'd never let one golden drop of the sweet sweet elixir spill,although I've been known to slur,slobber and get a wee bit ornery from time to time....although,this is pure rumor since I don't ever recall any of it occuring. ;)

Those commercials are funny though,but growing old,they need a few new ones.

Years ago there was a commercial for Hyundia or something. The commercial had a car drive onscreen and stop. The driver gets out and runs offscreen behind the car. Then he pulls a second car in front of the first and runs back to the first car, again pulling it in front of the other car. As this goes on and on, the voiceover is talking about how expensive cars are, but how a Hyundia is so cheap you could buy two for the price of a normal car. The punchline: "The only problem is getting them home."

here's an oldy but goody.. the debut MAC ad, the 1984 inspired one, directed by Ridley Scott

not only is it a cool ad, but it was the first of the "super bowl ads" that are now such a big deal..

I also loved the etrade.com ads from the superbowl a few years back. There was one with a couple of hillbillys sitting on a porch with a chimpanzee dancing to bluegrass music beside them.

Then they fade to black and the text comes up "we just wasted 1 million dollars" and then the etrade.com logo.. too funny

I've always been a big fan of the "Mighty Taco" commercials, from upstate NY (not sure how widespeard MT is). They're trippy.

I always raise my fist in solidarity with the new Harvey's commercials. I loved the one where the lunatic jumped over his neighbour's fence to grab the meat right off the BBQ.

No more Blue Light commercials, please.

the five alive commercials are great too.

they dont make any sense at all...and that's the good part.

Especially that new one with the 2 Japanese girls singing, and the translator in the bottom left corner...

"Ha Ha! Cherries, oranges... something... Ha Ha!" Hilarious...

Not a new spot, but the best commercial I've ever seen was from a few years back for Volkswagen Cabrio: People are driving on a country road at night, the stars are bright in the sky and the music you hear is " Pink Moon " by Nick Drake.

Until that commercial, I'd never heard any music by Nick Drake, nor did I know who was singing that song. I did know that I HAD TO FIND THAT SONG no matter what. I eventually did, and thanks to Volkswagen, Nick Drake's music will never leave my life. He was one of a kind and is my favourite folk singer ever.

I urge everyone to buy this album soon:

Copertina%20Pink%20Moon.jpg