Jambands.ca

COVENTRY

RUSTLE

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lionlocks and I are leaving Wednesday sometime from Kitchener, if all goes well at the border...we will be camping somewhere near the Conventry location!!!!! All this time being sooo patient for this event, it is finally within days.......Yes, I'm a little excited!!!!! Actually I've gotta question about the border??????? Does anyone know if you can bring all camping neccessities across like food.....all kinds... meat, veggies, and so on, beer, juice??? I can only assume it would be cheaper to buy everything in Canada..... Thanx..

Well see ya'll there................

You're supposed to declare food, especially fresh fruits and vegetables, and they may actually prevent you from bringing some meat (beef, I think) over the border.

I don't think food prices will be that much cheaper in Canada, though, compared to stores over the border. I'd take enough to get over the border, then stock up in the first town you find once you're in the USA.

Aloha,

Brad

as far as alcohol goes, you can only declare 1 case of beer and 1 bottle of liquor. at least that has been my experience, i have have had to walk 2 cases back over the bridge last year at IT -- tried to get 3 across -- the things you do to drink canadian beer.

Actually, one of the reasons I'm looking forward to this weekend is becuase of the opportunity it'll give me to drink American; no, not Bud or Miller, but the good stuff: Sierry Nevada Pale Ale, Harpoon IPA, anything from Magic Hat, and on and on...

Aloha,

Brad

I'm leaving Friday morning from Ottawa.. HOpefully bright & early. Anything worth checking out Thursday night in Ottawa by the way?

The only thing I know of is Raggamuffin (Ottawa's regular Thursday night reggae party) at Babylon, but it and "bright and early Friday morning" do not go together. The first set usually doesn't start until 11:30pm, and the second set usually ends well after 2:00am.

Aloha,

Brad