Jambands.ca

The Duo & MMW

headygouda

Whoa, that's quick!! That was a great show at the Kool Haus last night, although I've only seen a couple of MMW shows before, it seemed to me like it was more groove oriented than the others I had seen, less of the free time ambient weirdness (which is good too) and a lot of fat grooves. Killer Chris Wood solo when everybody started clapping in time..... oh and the second set of the Duo was amazing as well (cool cover of Four Sticks)!! Good night in TO.

it seemed to me like it was more groove oriented than the others I had seen, less of the free time ambient weirdness

Agreed. I think that was my fifth MMW ahow, and probably tied with HORDE tour Chicago as my fave. I know Zero would probably kill me for saying something so ignorant, but I tend to get pissed off when they get into all that experimental shite, when I've paid good money to come and get a solid groove-on. Last night seemed really blues and funk oriented to me, and that's just what the doctor ordered for the ol' Marginator, as I was having a hard time mustering up any energy at all post Island Disk-Golf action with CC&T.

I was almost hoping the Duo would suck, so I could head home and rest my weary bones, but alas, they rocked the ElMo like not too many others I've seen there lately.

Good times.

ya but some idiot yelled out play something that doesnt suck again... i wouldnt even listen to the recording... well, of course i would... someone has to shut that guy up damn!

I think the goal was to perpetually pour beer down his throat to keep him quiet, but it seemed to have the opposite effect.

Thanks a lot Jason! I'm only 4 songs in and it's fu©king sick!! I wish I enjoyed the live show half as much as I'm enjoying listening to it right now. I feel like I missed a great show. Kook Haus ban back in effect, I just can't enjoy a show there.

Wicked quality on this. Sounds better on the recording than it did live.