Jambands.ca

summer concert plans?

mikey d

whats everybodys plans for this summer??

MMW - June 25th, 26th & 29th

Mike Stern - July 20th (for free!)

The Flecktones - June 26th

Allman Bros - July 9th

Phish - July 29th

Radiohead - Aug 16th

Lose yer shoes - Aug 8th-10th

DMB - September

Of course this is all dependant on $$ and rides

Oh yeah! can anyone hook me up with a ride to the MMW shows on the 26th in montreal and the 29th in ottowa??? let me know! thanks

Right now plans look like this:

May 26,27 - Trey - NYC

June 14 - Buddy Guy/Los Lobos - Hampton Beach, NH

July 12 - Big Jack Johnson - Saint John Blues Festival

July 21,22,23 - Phish - Deer Creek

July 25 - Allmans - Indianapolis

Aug 2,3 - Phish - IT Festival

Maybe Bonnarroo NE!

Colin

June 7-8 - Trey Anastasio - Burlington Mem. Aud

June 23 - Neil Young and Crazy Horse - ACC

June 30 - Ben Harper and Jack Johnson - Molson Amp

July 9 - Allman Brothers Band - Molson Amp

July 21-23 - Phish - Deer Creek

August 2-3 - Phish - IT

August 8 - The Dead and Bob Dylan - Darien Lake PAC

I am sure there will be more, as well as all the local canjum stuff

quote:

Originally posted by bsherman:

I'm confused: my e-mail confirmation said July 21-23 was the Verizon Wireless Center in Noblesville, IN. Is that in fact Deer Creek? (I'm thinking this is the same thing as the whole Knickerbocker / Pepsi Center renaming confusion in Albany?)

Aloha,

Brad

quote:

Originally posted by bradm:

quote:

Originally posted by bsherman:

I'm confused: my e-mail confirmation said July 21-23 was the Verizon Wireless Center in Noblesville, IN. Is that in fact Deer Creek? (I'm thinking this is the same thing as the whole Knickerbocker / Pepsi Center renaming confusion in Albany?)

OK, I'm straightened out. I went to http://setlists.net/ and did a venue search on "deer creek", and found out that Deer Creek is, indeed, in Noblesville, IN.

We now return control of your postings to people who actually reside near a clue.

Aloha,

Brad

I thought you were being a smartass too, but yeah Deer Creek is now Verizon something or other.

This is the same thing that happened to Great Woods in Mansfield, MA which is now the Tweeter Center!

As basher said - it will always be Deer Creek or Great Woods to me! Both very nice venues!

Colin

No sweat, guys. I didn't start travelling to any of the well-known US venues until last fall, which was 'way after the Great Corporate Shill Renaming; I remember going to the Pepsi Center in Albany to see The Other Ones in November, and having it finally hit me, "Man! This is the Knick!"

I'm getting up to speed, but my clutch slips now and then.

See everybody there!

Aloha,

Brad

Well, up until today, it was:

- CTMF in May

- The Slip w/ nero in Ottawa

- The Slip in Montreal

- TAB in Burlington

- some Ottawa blues & jazz fest shows TBD

- IT

- moe.down

but now I've got tix for the Gorge, Alpine Valley, and Deer Creek, so July is going to get Logistically interesting...

Aloha,

Brad

???????????concert plans???????????????????

other than DSO tour and all the great festivals we'll be at this summer, i haven't made any solid plans yet for my time off.

Anyone have suggestions?

My free time is June 15-25th and June 30-July 16th

I'm thinking about getting up to Ontario for one of those breaks...likely the later one...but then I'll miss 3 nights of the DEAD at Red Rocks on July 6,7,8

if i come up in June i can catch Neil Young hopefully [big Grin]

quote:

Originally posted by bradm:

OK, I'm straightened out. I went to
and did a venue search on "deer creek", and found out that Deer Creek is, indeed, in Noblesville, IN.

Travelling hint #1: when going to Deer Creek, be sure that you go to Noblesville - there's another town about 40 minutes away named Deer Creek, and it's confused many heads in the past...

Travelling hint #2: if you can, get to Deer Creek a day early. Traffic jams there are *murder*.

quote:

US Customs have told me I'm not welcome in their country for some crazy reason.

Bastards...

Apparently, after talking to a dude from Tala, the I-192 waiver isn't as hard to get as i originally thought.

Now all i need is some incentive to get it (come on Floyd, reunite).

I would like to go to CTMF but its a real toss-up with fishing season just getting started and having a new boat and all. It'll be a last minute decision for me.

Only one for sure Neil Young and Crazy Horse -ACC June 23. I'm gonna tear that shit up.

Still upset over Phish not making the trip to Canada this Summer as US Customs have told me I'm not welcome in their country for some crazy reason. [Frown]

quote:

Originally posted by secondtube:

quote:

US Customs have told me I'm not welcome in their country for some crazy reason.

Bastards...

Apparently, after talking to a dude from Tala, the I-192 waiver isn't as hard to get as i originally thought.

Now all i need is some incentive to get it (come on Floyd, reunite).

Ya, the only thing that's stopping me is the cash.

I plan to head to the Rainbow Gathering in Utah for Spring Council/Seedcamp (june 7) I'll probally see Phish in Utah on the 15th of July, back to the Gathering site for cleanup and catch Dead tour from Deercreak > Buffalo.

Archived