Jambands.ca

Favourite Jams?

PassedOutGuy

People were leaving in droves? Certainly no one I was with and I didn't notice that (although I am less than observant at times; especially at shows and especially in those days).

What about, you, Hamilton? Did you walk out?

No, I didn't leave - but I definitely recall an awful lot of people moving towards the back by the time they were 30 minutes into that Tweezer... and the place looked a lot emptier by the time they returned for the encore. I seem to recall enjoying myself, but I've never heard a copy of that show to evaluate it again.

well, I have a bit of a paradox here... cus, I don't know if I can answer this question honestly, because it is sooooooooo damn hard to answer this question... well, at this current moment that I thought to write this, I was listening to Cornell---Morning Dew, and I thought to myself, as I am procrastinating heading out the door, I thought to answer this question---- so there you go!!!!

I don't remember people leaving, but I do remember absolutely loving it and being very very drunk.

Idiot me drove home after the show too, by myself for some reason. Got pulled over for a broken tail light. Acting all sober I showed the cop my broken tail light ticket from the night before and told him I was headed back to Canada. He let me go.

I've got this old crappy (physically speaking, of course) tape of the Dead at Worcester in 1984 doing "I Just Want to Make Love to You" that's just delirious - everybody in fine form, especially Phil, who drops this bomb near that end that sounds like it's about to blow the taper's mics. Someday I'll figure out how to get BitTorrent happening on this computer (not for want of trying) and track down a proper recording of it, but suspect I'd miss that effect of having everything lost in that moment of thick white noise.

I think the show you want is 1984-10-08.

Aloha,

Brad