Jambands.ca

Favourite Jams?

PassedOutGuy

Im really holding the Suzy Greenberg from 9.14.00 Phish Darien Lake as one of my all time favourite jams... there are so many elements and directions that it goes... from the complete stop at the end of the song to the suzy reprise jam... alot of great moments came out of that show but this is a rager... so what jams do you hold as favourites... ones you can listen to over and over... or the ones you forget about until the moment the song starts and it all comes back with a smile on your face?

Phish:

Character Zero 11/26/97 Hartford>> you haven't heard CH O until you've heard this!

Bathtub Gin @Great Went>> i saw the light!

Chalkdust 7/10/99 E Center>> just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in!

Grateful Dead:

Beautiful Jam out of Wharf Rat>Dark Star 2/18/71 (on the So Many Roads Box Set)>>> Jerry's second solo, to me, was his greatest comeback ever!

Pink Floyd:

Fat Old Sun live BBC 1970>> they stretch it out and whip it at you like a wet towl!

My favourite jam is raspberry.

No, we didn't travel together for that one (like I would go on an extended drive with you at the wheel if I could help it), I was with Carstairs at some Dead shows and we met up at Finger Lakes. We had recently had an encounter with The Man in Jersey and you helped me drink away my fears.

First thing I thought of was the Godamn Good Ole Grateful Dead doing this Shenandoah jam inside of Space on 03-21-92. It's really short from what I recall, but when I was watching that go down, I was sure I had *figured* it out.

Also love Bathtub Gin playing from 07-29-98..............JESUS CHRIST!

I've got this old crappy (physically speaking, of course) tape of the Dead at Worcester in 1984 doing "I Just Want to Make Love to You" that's just delirious - everybody in fine form, especially Phil, who drops this bomb near that end that sounds like it's about to blow the taper's mics. Someday I'll figure out how to get BitTorrent happening on this computer (not for want of trying) and track down a proper recording of it, but suspect I'd miss that effect of having everything lost in that moment of thick white noise.

The Deal from 20-06-87 at Berkeley is pretty intoxicating, too.

I saw a Phish show in the early '90s, I think in Sugarbush Vermont but it might have been Finger Lakes New York, where they did a Tweezer that was pretty much the whole first set. Awesome.

6.22.95 Finger Lakes PAC

The Tweezer was the second song of the second set (Theme>Tweezer>My Generation jam>Tweezer Reprise). I was at that one, too - I recall that people were leaving in droves during that Tweezer.

Summer Tour '95 was a lot of fun!

i have to agree that, gin (at the went) made a whole lotta folk see the light. :: :: ;)

i also love tweezer from 02/28/03 ::

mikes >piper from MSG 12/31/97 (followed by when the circus comes>roses are free, weekapaug , which are all 'hot'.

roses are free>piper 04/03/98 :o

AND

nearly every dead jam out there....there is this one i've been listening to out of comes a time...but its on an old maxwell and i cant read the show...

::

phish? not for this girl... my favourite.... allman bros, mountain jam, on the 'eat a peach album'. it's live but i'm not sure when/where it was recorded (i know, i'm going to put my nose in the corner, bad fan! bad fan!). what can i say, i lost the liner notes and i'm too lazy to look it up.

i am also a big fan of the jams during blue sky (also ABB). mmmmm-mm! :D