Jambands.ca

Q: when was the first CTMF?

MarcO

At Mark Wilson's birthday bash he showed me a ticket stub from the first CTMF,I can't recall the year or venue but I know it was pre-ghost town days anyway.(pre-2000)

First ghost town CTMF I attended was may 2000,which I believe was the first one there.

may 2001 i think, at fgt. i was so relaxed and unselfconscious that i forgot to comb my hair for the whole weekend and that's how i got my first set of dreads. :) i ended up working the gate for a little while for mark with some friends and i've been doing that or the merch table ever since! (man i'm a sucker :: )

may 2001 i think, at fgt.

Definatley before then,I put my van on the road in 1999 (october) and the first festival I attended with it was CTMF.

Doug Feaver played and we had a huge campsite of folks from La Luna's/Casbah to catch the Fat Cats & Doug.

my first time at the Ghost town was may 24 2000

i "believe" it was the first one at the ghosttown.

reason i remember it 'somewhat' clearly is, i used some strangers cell phone to call molson ampitheatre to get phish tix. somehow i managed front row tickets!

the show was July 6, 2000, so it would make sense the weekend was may24 2000. As for pre-ghost town CTMF's, i'm not sure...the only fests i did before CTMF's were Bobs Bash's...my first one being at the Dunnville Airport w/ PFunk and Rain, rain, and more rain.

...my first one being at the Dunnville Airport w/ PFunk and Rain, rain, and more rain.

Nice,I was at that,I met Scott (tigger) Trevor (Mr.Pinchy) and a friend of their's Paul,also met Kat (butta) there too.Fat Cats played & Rory (GDSS) spinning GD was who saved my mind (from boredom) when the rave started.Crazy party...

At Mark Wilson's birthday bash he showed me a ticket stub from the first CTMF,I can't recall the year or venue but I know it was pre-ghost town days anyway.(pre-2000)

First ghost town CTMF I attended was may 2000,which I believe was the first one there.

I think that Esau is right on both these counts. Having said that, the last time I talked with Mark Wilson about this he told me that he wants to call this year "the fifth year" for the Come Together Music Festivals, making 2001 the first "official" year for the festival.

Peace, Mark

We all love you, Lex! ::!

I just emailed Mark Wilson with a link to this thread and asked him for his input on this.

My first CTMF was also May 2001 but I know that there was stuff going on at Ghost Town the year before. I remember seeing a poster in the saloon with Mark Wilson & The Way It Is, Fat Cats, and Burt Neilson Band ... I think that happened in 2000.

Peace, Mark

We all love you, Lex! ::!

I just emailed Mark Wilson with a link to this thread and asked him for his input on this.

My first CTMF was also May 2001 but I know that there was stuff going on at Ghost Town the year before. I remember seeing a poster in the saloon with Mark Wilson & The Way It Is, Fat Cats, and Burt Neilson Band ... I think that happened in 2000.

Peace, Mark

So is that not like saying that the Grateful Dead didn't start til after 1965 because in 1965 they were called the Warlocks?

I mean if it walks like a duck and it talks like a duck... or however that expression goes....

(coming from a guy that always called and calls it Fontier Town anyways...)

BNB first played at Ghost Town in 1999... I think Labour or Canada Day. That was the first I'd heard of it.... maybe a party or two had happened there before. I think the reason we played was because we'd heard about the Fat Cats playing it the time before... so we gave it a shot. Good memories.

2001 was bathing suit weather it was '02 or '03 when it snowed. (props to papa phil's conversion van! :) )

The CTMF freeze-fest was May, 2002. I remember getting to the office on the Tuesday afterwards, and five seconds after hanging my jacket up, my cubicle smelled like a campfire, from all the smoke that had been impregnated into it while standing around the campfire all weekend trying to stay (heck, forget "stay", make that get) warm.

Aloha,

Brad

tonin, you sure that wasn't 2000?

i KNOW The set your talking about...

also my favorite BNB set ever...

Papa was a rolling stone, half an hour version...played forever...

then again, maybe it was 2001?!?!?!! who knows...all i know is Frontier Town was one happy part of my history!!!