Jambands.ca

Eggs!

MarcO

All I could find at this point is that chickens ovulate at least once a day, hence the laying of the eggs. Nothing close to a comparable menstrual cycle of a mammal. If it was a menstrual thing, they would be releasing unfertilized eggs, which is not the case. Most of the eggs layed in a normal flock with hens and roosters would be fertilized but would not mature into peeping chicks unless the mother hen incubated the eggs. So, they are just eggs, not products of menstruation. What may be true is, " No other species other than humans, choose to drink the milk of other species, so why should we?". Even that is not true. I've seen many a cat and dog for that matter, lap up cream and milk(cow's) like it was a treat from the gods.

So choose your poison, I guess. I choose to grow my own eggs and meat. I have the control of keeping them healthy which will keep us healthy.

Hooray country life!!!

My relatives make a middle eastern version of Huevos Rancheros that is excellent.

Basically fry LOTS of garlic and onions, add canned whole tomatoes, salt and pepper, cilantro and a half cup of liquid (water, beer, whatever you want). Simmer for 15 minutes then, once it's at a pretty low simmer you crack eggs on top, put the lid back on and cook to soft-boiled (maybe 7 or 8 minutes).

Kicks ass with Pita, Israeli Salad (Cucumber, tomato, sweet onion, lemon juice, olive oil) and hummus.

Curried Eggs (Good for dinner!)

Vegetable Oil

Shallot

Garlic

Ginger

Canned Tomatoes

Jalapeno

Cumin

Curry Powder

Eggs

INSTRUCTIONS: Heat 4 teaspoons vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 shallot, minced, 1 crushed garlic clove, and 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger; cook until soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Add 28 oz. can minced tomatoes with juice, 1 large sliced jalapeno, 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin, and 1/2 teaspoon curry powder. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes are soft and sauce has thickened, about 15 minutes. Break egg into small bowl, slide onto tomato sauce in skillet. Repeat 3-4 times, arranging eggs around the skillet. Cover, and cook until egg whites are just set, 4-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat, serve hot with warm tortillas and a cool glass of water.

When it's done it looks like curried tomato goodness with 4 nice and runny eggs on top. The yolk breaks when you eat it and mixes with the tomato curry. YUMMY!!!

call me crazy, but i think i might through some lentils in that... i'm gonna do it this weekend.

Eggs. Fuck I love what chickens drop out of themselves.

I like a nice simple asparagus and parm omelette. Asparagus goes really nice with eggs.

Huevos Rancheros my friends - tomatoes and runny eggs. Get yourself the weekend edition of the paper before you eat this one. Whooosh!

However, there is one thing that goes most perfectly with eggs. Something that cannot be said in words, only witnessed:

Franks.JPG

CAN YOU FEEL IT??? JOIN ME OR DIE!!!!!!

I put Frank's on everything. Nothing beats the hot vinegarness of Frank's accept for maybe hell its self.

Curried Eggs (Good for dinner!)

Vegetable Oil

Shallot

Garlic

Ginger

Canned Tomatoes

Jalapeno

Cumin

Curry Powder

Eggs

INSTRUCTIONS: Heat 4 teaspoons vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 shallot, minced, 1 crushed garlic clove, and 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger; cook until soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Add 28 oz. can minced tomatoes with juice, 1 large sliced jalapeno, 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin, and 1/2 teaspoon curry powder. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes are soft and sauce has thickened, about 15 minutes. Break egg into small bowl, slide onto tomato sauce in skillet. Repeat 3-4 times, arranging eggs around the skillet. Cover, and cook until egg whites are just set, 4-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat, serve hot with warm tortillas and a cool glass of water.

When it's done it looks like curried tomato goodness with 4 nice and runny eggs on top. The yolk breaks when you eat it and mixes with the tomato curry. YUMMY!!!

That was one of the best breakfast yummies I've ever had. Thanks sweety!

Hello guigsy, you smell nice today.

No eggs for me this weekend but I am making a frittata tonight with red,yellow & orange peppers, roasted onions, sundried tomatoes, feta cheese, black olives, some LSD and leftover potatoes. With a nice salad.

"Lou likes his eggs."

- Chief Wiggum.

My girlfriend insists that women getting their "eggs fixed" is more painful and hospital-intensive, I say I'm the man and I need to keep my seed intact just in case. It's not a tough decision because basically I want to Bob Marley myself all over the planet and shirk the responsibility onto the unsuspecting. If only she could accept such a hasty, permanent decision easily.

My girlfriend insists that women getting their "eggs fixed" is more painful and hospital-intensive, I say I'm the man and I need to keep my seed intact just in case. It's not a tough decision because basically I want to Bob Marley myself all over the planet and shirk the responsibility onto the unsuspecting. If only she could accept such a hasty, permanent decision easily.

Dare to dream Polky

From what I've read, etc, I think Bob took care of all his children, legitimate and otherwise, as well as many unrelated children. He wasn't the best husband, but he did not shirk his responsibilities as a father, from what I've read anyway.

actually that is a pet peeve of mine, couples where the women get their tubes tied over the men getting snipped. Bloody insane women to endure major surgery over a procedure that can be done in a doctor's office. Just my opinion ofcourse.

Hello guigsy, you smell nice today.

No eggs for me this weekend but I am making a frittata tonight with red,yellow & orange peppers, roasted onions, sundried tomatoes, feta cheese, black olives, some LSD and leftover potatoes. With a nice salad.

"Lou likes his eggs."

- Chief Wiggum.

Eggs aren't eggs without the tender love of some LSD. Oh, and used condoms.

thanks for the recipe ms. hux! it sounds awesome and I can eat it on the cleanse/detox I am doing right now...just the thought of it is making me so hungry.

As for Frank's (which I canNOT have on my cleanse right now and it is killing me...) it is the best thing known to man, and bacon, egg, hashbrown, etc. brekkie isn't the same without it. Of course, I put Franks on pretty much everything normally. Doing this cleanse has reminded me of flavours other than Franks! hehe. I am growing cayenne peppers this year and will attempt to make my own sauce which will be as good, if not better, than Franks (hopefully)

I consider myself to be a bit of a hot sauce know-it-all. Afterall I always have at least 10 varieties in the fridge and consume it on a daily basis.

I used to eat a lot of Franks RedHot, and why not? It has a mild heat and a terrific flavor base. If you like the flavor of Franks, but are looking for an upgrade to the heat, I can suggest two different kinds. They both taste very similar to Franks but have graduated a bit:

PROFESSOR PHARDTPOUNDERS COLON CLEANER

Colon.jpg

and ASBIRIN

Asbirin.jpg

Enjoy.

sweet! thanks ms. hux....just tried that curried egg recipe of yours...very yummy indeed. Definitely did not use that much ginger though...are you insane? ;) i have had bad experiences with using too much ginger, making the whole dish taste like ginger alone. So I'd say I used about 1/2 to 1 tsp instead. Still very good. I was wishing the whole time that I could put hot sauce on it! Oh well. Only 3 more days till I can.