Shallot

Garlic

Ginger

Canned Tomatoes

Jalapeno

Cumin

Curry Powder

Eggs

INSTRUCTIONS: Heat 4 teaspoons vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 shallot, minced, 1 crushed garlic clove, and 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger; cook until soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Add 28 oz. can minced tomatoes with juice, 1 large sliced jalapeno, 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin, and 1/2 teaspoon curry powder. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes are soft and sauce has thickened, about 15 minutes. Break egg into small bowl, slide onto tomato sauce in skillet. Repeat 3-4 times, arranging eggs around the skillet. Cover, and cook until egg whites are just set, 4-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat, serve hot with warm tortillas and a cool glass of water.

When it's done it looks like curried tomato goodness with 4 nice and runny eggs on top. The yolk breaks when you eat it and mixes with the tomato curry. YUMMY!!!

I'm a veg, though never thought I could go vegan and give up cheese (especially) and eggs, until I read this line in a great book (The Pig Who Sang to the Moon)

something like: no other species chooses to eat the "menstrual product" of another. Why do we?

Sorry if that grosses anyone out as much as it did me. I love a great omlette with shrooms & swiss, but I'm definitely eating fewer of them than I once did!!

something like: no other species chooses to eat the "menstrual product" of another.

This is incorrect. If you read this, it says

It has been reported that the raccoon is the primary predator of alligators eggs. They will make 3-4 raids on a nest until all eggs are consumed (Joanen, 1969). Studies of the Okefenokee Swamp have shown that high predation rates on alligator eggs have been the result of bears (Metzen, 1978). Female nest attendance is the main defense against predation of eggs (Hunt and Ogden, 1991).

Aloha,

Brad

I'm a veg, though never thought I could go vegan and give up cheese (especially) and eggs, until I read this line in a great book (The Pig Who Sang to the Moon)

something like: no other species chooses to eat the "menstrual product" of another. Why do we?

Sorry if that grosses anyone out as much as it did me. I love a great omlette with shrooms & swiss, but I'm definitely eating fewer of them than I once did!!

that was an amazing book, thanks deb & dr evil! sure got my attention, particulalrly the bit about eating another animal's menstrual product. bradm is right, others do it too, but, well, ewww!

i heard someone who was offered a chicken omelette and replied "Yuck! Mother and daughter together at last!" still chucking about that one...

Lot's of species eat eggs, ie, all carnivore animals will eat eggs. And I don't believe chickens go through a menstral cycle, but I will double check that. I am in the process of raising chickens. I get 25 of them on tuesday. Yummy organic, true free range, humanely raised and spoiled chickens. Finally some good eggs and meat. Can't wait!

i just boiled a bunch eggs for sandwiches and now my kitchen smells like a fart.

hahaha!!! I had the boss in my office yesterday to explain some stuff about remote access to him, and I had a salad (with boiled eggs) on my desk. He eventually saw that salad and said "OH! That's what that smell is!" YIKES! He must have thought I let a leaker! I'm gonna drop a bomb in his office tomorrow...

yes catphish! I have an egg poachy-guy that is pretty much identical to a muffin tin, except that it's rounded on the bottom. Put a couple inches of water into a frying pan, pop in the poachy-guy, crack some eggs, add whatever spices your body can handle that morning -- cook for 10 mins...meanwhile boilin' up some hollandaise sauce and fryin' up the c-bacon...et les voila! yum-yums

Eggs. Fuck I love what chickens drop out of themselves.

I like a nice simple asparagus and parm omelette. Asparagus goes really nice with eggs.

Huevos Rancheros my friends - tomatoes and runny eggs. Get yourself the weekend edition of the paper before you eat this one. Whooosh!

However, there is one thing that goes most perfectly with eggs. Something that cannot be said in words, only witnessed:

Franks.JPG

CAN YOU FEEL IT??? JOIN ME OR DIE!!!!!!