Jambands.ca

Christian Soulmates??

c-towns

Yeah, I'm not a fan of those ads at all...but, I'm sure this isn't free to run and money needs to be generated...seems like there are enough people that would kick down a few bucks each year to keep this thing going....then we could get rid of ads by google. complain complain. shut up. you. FU. OK.

...um...just for the record, I don't think you guys should judge.

I met Del on Christian Soulmates, and you don't see us complaining, so don't harsh Bouche on this ok, um thanks guys.

Hux! You said you wouldn't tell anyone! If it gets out that I'm a Christian I'll be ruined...

...seems like there are enough people that would kick down a few bucks each year to keep this thing going....

Seems like it, but sadly that hasn't been the case.

Bouche has asked people many times if they would pay to have their own gallery for posting photos. No takers. Would anyone donate to the site? No takers.

Some people won't even pay for a banner but stick it in their signature line. I mean obviously they find value in putting it up on the Sanctuary but won't pay for it? Par for the course.

Not that any of that bothers Bouche, he'll just stick up some Google ads and handle fund raising on his own. But of course, nobody goes along with that either.

*Sigh*

Ms.Hux I suggested some time ago that jambands.ca solicit donations from members. I would gladly throw in twenty dollars and I suspect many others would. I don't mind google ads but if the Booche/Bouche duo wants to do away with them why not start a sticky topic or a poll on it?

Google ads are helping out a bit and I am personally impressed with their system. The ads really don't get in the way of the forum but that's how things stay free on the internet. You don't have to click on them, but believe me, clicks actually help.

You'll likely see a paypal donation thing in the future, but I would like to figure out a way to offer a reward for a donation.

I agree. I've never been asked to donate, or sponsor and I'm sure I would have paid to have a photo album before someone here led me to Imageshack... I'd definitely reconsider if it was reasonable and in support of Jambands.

I'm not opposed to the banner ads... I don't usually even notice them (Christian Soulmates aside) I can see how they would be way easier to manage than inconsistent donations might be.

What's a banner worth anyway? Maybe we can try for some personal photos or art up there in exchange for a donation/fee.

Cheers!

Bouche has asked people many times if they would pay to have their own gallery for posting photos. No takers.

that's not entirely true... i said yes everytime its come up between myself, bouche, and even mark tonin (when he first came to me with the idea a couple years ago).

How about a benefit concert?

That's a compelling idea, and wonderful appropriate and organically circular, given what this site is. Then again, I'm a total rube on how much it actually does cost to run a site like this, and don't know the scale that the benefit would have to reach (nor the risks involved in doing something like that - what happens if it tanks, for whatever reason?). I certainly don't think there would be any challenge getting bands to throw in a freebie together for such a noble cause (at least, I'd hope so!).

Yeah, not trying to stir the pot or tell people what they should or shouldn't do but I'm pretty sure we could come up with in idea that involves money going to jambands wtih some sort of a reward system...like the public radios do for their fund raisers. Hell, it should be EASY to raise the funds necessary to keep the site going...anything extra could go to a charity or something.

Just spouting here really, I mean, I feel if I could kick down a 20, 95% of the people on here could. If you can't you can't, or dont want to, fine, I don't need to hear reasons why...just think about it.

...um...just for the record' date=' I don't think you guys should judge.

I met Del on Christian Soulmates, and you don't see us complaining, so don't harsh Bouche on this ok, um thanks guys.[/quote']

Hux! You said you wouldn't tell anyone! If it gets out that I'm a Christian I'll be ruined...

I new the second Del told me that he was moving to Ottawa that you assholes would fuck him up one way or another.

Why not set up something like on 'taperssection.com' and dimeadozen.org where people have a little icon beside their name showing they've donated? No bonus for donating really, just some recognition. Seems to help there (I see lots of donors online). I've got 20USD sitting on a paypal account that I was thinking I should get rid of eventually anyhow.

Sounds alright at first blush, but I'm not sure about that kind of stratification, based on coin. The paying members thing - don't get me wrong, but it reminds me a bit like people having paid for pews in churches a hundred years ago. I honestly don't know how other sites deal with this whole issue, so I'm out of my depth, really. Take that for what it's worth, which might well be nothing.

Sorry if the pew analogy is overblown; I've been reading an article about raves as religion, and I keep coming back to it, for good or ill. And I like this scene here a lot better than raves, which I've made a point of avoiding over the years (old fart that I am - damn real instruments...).