Jambands.ca

Jack Russell Terrier - Free to a good home

Douglas

3.jpg

She was found lost/abandoned this past weekend, so we don't know alot about her.

She appears to be well trained (she knows and listens to most commands, she travelled for 6 hours in the car without incident, and she only barks when she hears other dogs barking - or ducks that she mistakes for dogs!).

She has not been spayed. She is quite clean and extremely lovable. She loves to chase squirrels (and cats beware!), but as soon as you scoop her up into your arms, she is very calm. She didn't appear to enjoy playing with children, but she was very tolerant.

We don't know how old she is, but she is not a puppy and she is not an old dog. Maybe 2 - 3 years old?

She is currently in Ottawa and we desparately need to find a good home for her. An enclosed backyard would be ideal for her as she loves to run. She will walk on a leash, but she needs to run!

Please contact any one of us if you are interested:

Douglas

Booche

Sunshine

Gateaux

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This puppy dog is the best dog anyone could ask for!!

If any of you were at CMTF, i'm sure you saw the attachment and bond I have to this doggy!

She's lovable, and playful. She also likes to sleep a lot and she's the best cuddler ever! I would say she cuddles better then a kitty cat.

She's currently staying with us. She hasn't wimpered once, and she never cried all night. She only barks at other dogs and pussy cats - and the minute we say "no" to her she listens!

Please, please, please if you know a good home come and meet her.

that dog was really cute, we hung ut fr a while n saturday, and i almost took her home, before i saw somene else with her. if you can't find z good home for her i might be intrested.

are you gonna take her to the vet to get checked out? she looked like she had a big scar or something on her leg

She does have something on her leg that should be looked at, although it doesn't seem to bother her at all. It's not sensitive to the touch and there's no puncture mark. It looks like a bald patch, but nonetheless should be checked out. You can sort of see it in this picture:

13.JPG

If it changes at all or starts to bother her, then we will take her to a vet.

Edited by Guest

I don't think the dogs name is Natasha. I think you probably heard us calling her Petashi all weekend. (I just tried calling her by Natasha and she didn't respond).

We carried her around every day trying to find an owner. (apparently she had been spotted on Thursday). The owner Izzy went around on his ATV to all the trailers and campsites as well.

We also called the SPCA before we left and no one had reported her lost (they have my number if someone calls for her), No tag, and no tatoo in her ear. I'm pretty sure she was abandoned, plus she's not spad.

This dog definately needs to be with someone that likes walks. She sleeps most of the day, and doesn't run around in the appartment. But when it's walk time - IT's GO TIME!!!

I really wish that when I was asking you about her Sunshine you had told me you were planning on finding a home for her. I saw her running around Friday night and when one of the STUPID locals that were camped beside us kicked her or whichever(didin't see, in my tent)and i heard her crying I rushed out brought her back to my site which was at least dog friendly. She was a very sweet little pooch and I kept my eye out for her all weekend. I would be extremly interested in making a home for her. I live in Burlington, ON. I don't have a backyard but I walk every night on my own already so the company would be great. If you have any doubts about my love for dogs I bet any one with a dog at CTMF remebers a little red headed girl petting the crap out of any dogs i saw there...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE consider me..

Dogs I met:

Bagera: The weirmener

Blue: the shepard cross

Coltrane: The lab cross

Our little friend the Jack

I also saw a lab and a white foxy looking dog but didn't have a chance to pet them:)

This dog may be micro-chipped. Go to a vet and have her checked-out and/or scanned.

Yeah good idea. Also I suggest calling the local vet and pound if ya haven't allready...might be a local, country, dog, that got out and found the party...mabey the owners are looking by now...

This breed is a working-hunting dog and requires lots of exercise. Sitting peacefully on the couch most of the time apparrently won't do. They can be very aggressive with other dogs too. These dogs also have some genetic disorders also...good idea to really investigate info on the breed before considering this dog...just my humble 2 cents. For puppy and owners sake!...I'm sure this breed and dog have lots of lovable, fantastic qualities too...just good to know your dog...

Best of luck with finding help for this dog...I feel for yas and puppy!

We have a nice home for doggy. I think we need to talk to our vet pals first though (hint hint OLLIE). We have a very nice largish backyard, soft laps, big hearts and plenty of hugging to go with it all.

Leesy...can we come by for a visit tomorrow after workish?